Author Topic: Please rate my gyne, is surgery an option?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline ncpi

Howdy fellows,

I'm new to the site. I believe I've had gyne since I was 11 or maybe even before that. Now I am currently overweight so there might be more fat than usual, but I intend to lose some weight soon so that's about to change. I also do not wear anything to hide it since I don't feel the need to, I also don't mind taking my shirt off in the beach, etc but I am indeed a bit hesitant in doing so.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer and I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. Please rate my pictures as I am considering surgery probably by next year. By the way, I am currently 25 and I weight around 240, at 6.2".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:59:57 PM by ncpi »

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
5 or 6 out of ten...lose some weight and get surgery done..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
7/10

I do not wear anything to hide it since I don't feel the need to, I also don't mind taking my shirt off in the beach, etc but I am indeed a bit hesitant in doing so.

I'm very surprised that you don't mind going shirtless...  But hey, if you can do it... all the more power to you brother!

If your G doesn't bother you that much, then are you sure you want to pursue surgery? 

BTW, welcome to the site...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your BMI computes to be 30.2, which is overweight and borderline obese.

Your pictures reveal both gyne and overweight, a condition called adipo-gynecomastia.

One can approach this in either of two ways.  Either diet and exercise and get your weight down.  The gyne may diminish slightly (it is the fat component which diminishes -- the breast tissue remains the same) and you will be overall healthier for surgery.  But this will take time and sometimes guys with gyne are shy about going to the gym -- quite understandable.

The other way is to have gyne surgery at your present weight.  This will flatten your chest but you will still be overweight.  Oftentimes, however, this provides a psychological boost so that you can then go to the gym, and lose weight.  And if you do, your chest will only get better.

I have operated on both types of patients with success.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline ncpi

Thanks for the input everyone, it is greatly appreciated.

I will lose some weight (this was on my to-do list anyways) and then post new pictures. I am aware that having any type of surgery while being overweight is extremely difficult, so the idea did not even cross my mind. I will be in better health next year and will most likely pay Dr Jacobs a visit as I have seen his work and he does miracles.

Again, thanks for the input and Happy Holidays!!!

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
7-8 / 10 I'd say. Quite noticeable. As others said before, try and lose some weight first and then go for surgery.
All the best

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024