Author Topic: Getting 100% gland removed what will it look like??  (Read 7784 times)

Offline wyllis100

I dont want to take the chance of this gynecomastia coming back after my surgery so Im going to ask the surgeon to remove 100% of the gland.  I know that this will leave a bit of compression under the nipple.  Im just wondering if anyone else has has this done?  If so what will it look like.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:44:45 AM by wyllis100 »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You don't mention if you are a big guy or not.  If you're thin, with very little fat, you may be looking at skin against muscle, which is not a good look.  Your surgeon may be forced to leave a little gland tissue to avoid a crater deformity or scarring of the skin against the muscle.

Talk to him about this.  Good luck-

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

I dont want to take the chance of this gynecomastia coming back after my surgery so Im going to ask the surgeon to remove 100% of the gland.  I know that this will leave a bit of compression under the nipple.  Im just wondering if anyone else has has this done?  If so what will it look like.

Leaving firm gland behind tends to look and move like gland instead of fat.  However, no doctor can remove 100% of the gland, that is not realistic.

To better understand what gland is left behind with all surgical techniques, you need to understand the Anatomy of Gynecomastia.  Fingers of gland spread through fingers of fat.  Look at a typical Male Mammogram Breast Xray, and you can see that pattern.

When doctors start with liposuction, trying to remove residual gland can lead to Crater Deformity Chest Defect when too much gland is then removed.  Surface skin adheres to deeper structures and looks terrible on movement.  Check out this Movie of Crater Scar Defect after Bad Gynecomastia Surgery

That is why I prefer to target gland first with my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture. I then have the remaining fat as a resource to rebuild the defect by working on the gland initially such as my Fat Flap Sculpture where I move nearby fat into the defect preserving the fat's blood supply.  The layer of fat fills the potential hole and acts as a natural layer of lubrication for movement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
Surface skin adheres to deeper structures and looks terrible on movement.  Check out this Movie of Crater Scar Defect after Bad Gynecomastia Surgery

IMO it looks 100x better than gyne :-[

DrBermant

Surface skin adheres to deeper structures and looks terrible on movement.  Check out this Movie of Crater Scar Defect after Bad Gynecomastia Surgery

IMO it looks 100x better than gyne :-[

... but nowhere as good as a chest contoured with good surgical technique!  That is why picking the right surgeon for gynecomastia surgery is so important.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think you'd be making a big mistake if you ask the Dr. to remove all the gland tissue (and I'm not sure he'd do it anyway).

Do your due dilligence on the Dr. Ask for before and after photos, ask for referrals....and then just let him do his thing.

Then allow a few months to pass befoe judging the results.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I dont want to take the chance of this gynecomastia coming back after my surgery so Im going to ask the surgeon to remove 100% of the gland.

Don't panic dude... Even when there is some gland left (highly recommended...) the chances of your gyne returning is slim-to-none!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

chocoyote

whats the diference between breast tissue and gland?

Miguel Delgado

HELLO,

THIS SURGERY IS A COSMETIC PROCEDURE.  THEREFORE HOW IT LOOKS IS CRITICAL.  TO REMOVE ALL OF THE GLAND WILL LEAVE A DEFORMITY WHICH WILL BE DIFFICULT TO CORRECT AND MORE EXPENSE.  A PROCEDURE WILL USU REMOVE 80-95% OF THE GLAND AND THIS WILL LOOK GREAT.  SOMETIME YOU CAN REMOVE MORE, BUT IT SHOULD BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SURGEON.

Miguel Delgado, MD

DrBermant

Breast tissue consists of gland, fat, connective tissues, and skin.  Breast gland is a component of the breast.  Check out the Anatomy of Gynecomastia to see these various components.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

chocoyote

Breast tissue consists of gland, fat, connective tissues, and skin.  Breast gland is a component of the breast.  Check out the Anatomy of Gynecomastia to see these various components.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

thx doctor.
but could you answer me my 2 questions at my last post in my thread.would be awesome

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16665.0

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon

It's difficult to move 100% of the gland, and if gland is removed too aggressively, an unnatural depression will result, which can be very hard to correct. Remember it's always easier to go back and remove more as opposed to try to correct any indentations or contour deformities.

chocoyote

It's difficult to move 100% of the gland, and if gland is removed too aggressively, an unnatural depression will result, which can be very hard to correct. Remember it's always easier to go back and remove more as opposed to try to correct any indentations or contour deformities.

what do you mean with an unnatural depression?

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
If the surgeon removes too much gland, it will leave your chest with a cavity.

i.e. there will be an INDENT on your chest, that's what the dr meant by "unnatural depression"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024