Author Topic: 10 DAYS POST-OPs Pic.... Need feedback!  (Read 7571 times)

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Ok guys,
I finally had a chance to take my pix after 10 days.... Everything looks good to me so far but I did notice swelling outside the right nipple. What do you think? Is it normal at this juncture..is it just swelling or scar tissue forming? Do I let it be or ????

Also my right nipple looks slightly bigger than left but i think its pretty minimal at this point.  looking for any advice from peeps who've been through this already or have looked and read through cases enough to know if my swelling is something i should or shouldnt worry about?

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Your result looks great.  I also have swelling on one side and scar tissue is setting in.  That is why everybody says you will not see your final result until six months after.  BE PATIENT RELAX AND LET YOUR BODY HEAL

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks. But I was wondering if the swelling was too obvious and if I should continue to wear the compression vest beyond 2 weeks even if half day or so????
NOt sure if compression vest will help at this point or should I just let the body heal itself itself over next few weeks and months?? Any ideas?

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
great results man congarts, i agree with above, just be patient and give it alittle more time.. 10 days post op is way too early, but nevertheless, the results so far looks good.  who was ur surgeon and do you have any before pics, thanks for sharing

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
That would be Dr Tholen here in minneapolis. He claims to have more trans-gender patients than gyne but I guess gyne would be easy if he can transform women into men and vice versa...

I am curious to know if I should keep wearing vest 2 weeks post op. THo my doc think I dont need to?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am curious to know if I should keep wearing vest 2 weeks post op. THo my doc think I dont need to?

It's best to follow your surgeon's advice...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks GP... I am planning on doing it.

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
Im eager to see pre-op pics  ;D
Does anyone know where to buy Compression vests from in the UK? please message me.

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
No pre-op pics... I refused to save any memoirs, left it all behind as it never existed,,,lol

Offline mc88

• Posting Member
If it was that bad, then im sure your recovery is a big improvement! congrats.

Offline davidrt

• Posting Member
Wow, great result. Just give it time for the swelling to subside. :)

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks David and MC88...I agree, i just have to stay patient and see how it goes..

Ok.... Here are updated photos that i took over the weekend. Its been 3 weeks.. I feel a lot better.. have my range of motion and have started to get back into the gym but just doing light cardio and lower body rite now.
I still have swelling on my right side and it i think is making my nipple look slightly bigger... but I am really happy with my results and progress. Now just have to see how my scar tissues heal.
No scar bumps or too prominent...we'll see how it goes..just gonna stay patient.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Looks great, would never guess you'd had surgery.

Jock
23 Days to go
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Thanks jock.. I am really happy so far with my results.. just cant wait for summer to come around. Just hoping that scar tissue won't get any worse?
Does anyone know if at this point (almost 4 weeks post-op) scar tissues stop developing or it will continue to evolve and I may be in for surprises?
Also, beside the minor case of scarring and slight swelling on right side which i must repeat is really minor, it looks like my nipples are really dry and the area around it as well? and it itches, which is pretty annoying. I haven't put any lotion or oil or anything on it.
Should I be doing using lotion/oil to keep my nipples and chest area from drying? or leave it alone?

Anyone anyone?

Offline minnhelp

• Posting Member
Just a quick update for anyone who has been following my thread....

I had my 4 week post-op appt with Dr Tholen and it went well.... My chest is still slightly tender and sensation is not fully there which is normal at this juncture. But he did say that slight swelling on my right side will subside over time as any remants of fluids, scar tissue, will slowly dissipate.

He told me to not wear my vest anymore....that there is no need for it. YES!
And he also said that I can resume normal day to day stuff without any hesitation as long as i dont feel too much of discomfort. Including going to gym and lifting weights. He asked me though to rebuild strength in gym slowly and get back to heavy lifting progressively over next few weeks.

Man, i feel so glad and cant wait to hit the gym and pound some weight finally! you can only do so much of light cardio biking before it gets old...lol....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024