Author Topic: Contemplating surgery  (Read 3491 times)

Offline micromachines889

I am 23, about 155lbs, and about 6'0". I have had boobs since i was about 14ish. They are quite a drag, literally. I know its not a huge deal to other people, but a major confidence killer for myself and other people with the affliction. I lost 20 lbs this summer, dropped to about 130, and worked out quite frequently in an attempt to rid myself of them but they persist. I have a very unique body type, with very skinny arms and very skinny legs with most fat gathering around the midsection. This would suggest they are mostly fat but they feel as though they have breast tissue underneath them. I know someone is going to say "just lose the weight" but then the rest of me looks like an anorexic homeless kid because losing fat off my midsection causes everywhere else to lose ALL fat first. Furthermore, losing weight shrinks the breasts but they still protrude quite obviously and the rest of my body being extremely skinny makes it even more obvious. The pictures actually look better than my real condition, as I have just gotten out of the shower and my nipples are somewhat erect. This lessons the effect of my puffy nipples but is only temporary.

As a general question about the surgery, if you liposuction away fat what is the chance that the fat just accumulates right back a few years down the road?

I think surgery is kind of what I am leaning towards here. Since I live in the DC area I am considering Dr. Bermant but I have a few questions for him before I make the trip down for a consultation. My main concern is the total price for the procedure. I have read estimates as high as $7,000 but that was for various other surgeons. I am certain there is no way I could afford that. I understand the price varies but what is your average cost for the procedure? Also, do you do Saturday consultations or Saturday procedures?

DrBermant

I am 23, about 155lbs, and about 6'0". I have had boobs since i was about 14ish. They are quite a drag, literally. I know its not a huge deal to other people, but a major confidence killer for myself and other people with the affliction. I lost 20 lbs this summer, dropped to about 130, and worked out quite frequently in an attempt to rid myself of them but they persist. I have a very unique body type, with very skinny arms and very skinny legs with most fat gathering around the midsection. This would suggest they are mostly fat but they feel as though they have breast tissue underneath them. I know someone is going to say "just lose the weight" but then the rest of me looks like an anorexic homeless kid because losing fat off my midsection causes everywhere else to lose ALL fat first. Furthermore, losing weight shrinks the breasts but they still protrude quite obviously and the rest of my body being extremely skinny makes it even more obvious. The pictures actually look better than my real condition, as I have just gotten out of the shower and my nipples are somewhat erect. This lessons the effect of my puffy nipples but is only temporary.

As a general question about the surgery, if you liposuction away fat what is the chance that the fat just accumulates right back a few years down the road?

I think surgery is kind of what I am leaning towards here. Since I live in the DC area I am considering Dr. Bermant but I have a few questions for him before I make the trip down for a consultation. My main concern is the total price for the procedure. I have read estimates as high as $7,000 but that was for various other surgeons. I am certain there is no way I could afford that. I understand the price varies but what is your average cost for the procedure? Also, do you do Saturday consultations or Saturday procedures?

We see many patients from Washington D.C. and around the world who prefer my techniques and are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or preliminary remote discussion.

There is a thin muscle just under the areola that will flatten puffy nipples when stimulated.  Taking pictures when cold or just right out of the shower makes little sense if trying to demonstrate gynecomastia.  That is why I have evolved  Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia Evaluation and use a warm room to examine my patients. 

We do offer some Saturday surgery, but our consultations are typically Monday - Friday. 

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated.  Jane is my office manager and can better discuss typical costs and fees.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline micromachines889

so whats the deal with lipsuction? If fat is liposuctioned out, is there a chance that it will return after a while?

Offline Dr. Saeed Marefat

The fat liposuctioned will not come back. However, the fat cells that are left behind may get bigger if you over eat. The cost of surgery varies from patient to patient and really depends on how much fat needs to be liposuctioned. 

I, myself, have performed hundreds of successful gynecomastia surgeries in the Washington DC/Northern Virginia Area and would love to have you in for a complementary consultation. We also offer monthly payment plans from Care Credit, which may make payment easier for you.

Best of luck, Dr. Marefat
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon serving the Washington DC/Northern Virginia Area

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
4 and a half years later....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024