Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 4880 times)

Offline brent777

• Posting Member
I just set up a consultation with a plastic surgeon today, and the appointment is in exactly one week.  I am 20 years old, 6'3" and 200 lbs.  This surgery is something I have been considering for the past 6 months or so.  I realize I have a relatively minor case, but it is something of which I am ALWAYS self conscious.  I'm sure many of you can relate when I say that the appearance of my nipples is something that is on my mind no matter where I am.  It's difficult to stand upright, and when I am around people I try to angle myself in a way that they have the least chance to notice.  I hate taking my shirt off in public places like a beach, pool, or lake, and I always notice people staring at my chest.  There is a chance my insurance company will cover the procedure, and I am about to write them to see if I can get preapproval.  Does anyone know anything about getting insurance companies to approve this procedure?  And tell me what you guys think, here are the pics:

Offline dasco456

• Posting Member
I say if it bothers you do it.  

Offline Spleen

Forget about getting insurance to cover it.

I had a similar case.  I had surgery about a month ago and so far so good.  Please do your homework and talk to a few docs to get some different opinions about how to procede.  Also, it's gonna take some time to heal up.  I still have some wrinking in my left nipple where more gland was removed, and while it's steadily improving I know it will be months before it disappears.  You'll also have scars; there's no getting around that.  Mine are practically invisible, but I'm a good healer and had a good doc.

Whatever you do don't get surgery for the benefit of others.  If folks notice your nipples they're probably just noticing what you notice.  Don't give it any more weight than what it is: curiosity.  If you choose to have surgery do it for yourself.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
I think you should do what you want to do...if it was me I would have the surgey.

Just go to a good doctor.

Bob, where can one order an exercise video like you are talking about?

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
u have a very nice chest and if u do the sergery u will have a fantastic chest. do it ;)

Good luck Henrik
i finally feel like im a man

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
You're in great shape,a little help from the doc and you'll look that much better!good luck...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
rob900 said:
For the CMI site, which I have been running since 1997, and the club since 1990, I pay muscular guys like you up to $200.00 for a 2 hour photo/video studio session, for simple pyhsique photography (no nudity). Some of them have become internet "stars", and they are making a fortune selling "G" rated exercise videos on the internet.

I think the guy means well, but so long as he's making money from people with the condition, while accusing surgeons of profiteering, well ... you make up your mind.

You have the benefit of a good physique; there can't be much doubt about a diagnosis, it certainly isn't bodyfat! It's making you unhappy enough to seek advice, and you are taking the right steps.

You possibly stand more chance with your insurance if you go through your doctor rather than direct to a plastic surgeon, but generally the consensus is that you are not likely to get much success there - not want you want to hear, but except for extreme cases insurance companies do not regard this as an illness and will not pay out. Nothing vetured, nothing gained, so it can't hurt to try.

Personally if I was going down this route I'd research incidence of breast cancer in males. If an insurance company had to pay out for cancer treatment for someone who they'd previously turned down for mastectomy I'd imagine punitive damages would be considerable. Just a thought.  ;)
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
As the others said, you have got a very nice chest. But if I were you, I would have surgery to make it more beautiful than it is now. Now, of course, it depends on you, how you feel about your gyne. When I read you, you seem rather embarassed, so do as you feel !
All the best

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
if it bothers u go for it, otherwise i say u have a mild case of gyne... just a little gland excision and maybe some surrounding fat.

good luck

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Get the surgery.  Chest looks ok but I would stare at you if you were on a beach.  We'd probably be staring at each other.  

Offline Aestus

Yeah bro, it's not really all that bad.  Also, instead of spending a whole slew of money on surgery, why not try a workout routine that would help you firm up your upper body.  People seem to ignore the fact that a healthy diet and excersise routine can work wonders.  You would still have the puffy nipples but honestly, they wouldn't look morbid or out of wack.  It sounds like most of it is in your head.  If I were you, I'd spend the money joining a gym or highering a personal trainer first.  Worse that could happen is that you not be satisfied with your gym results and get the surgery anyway.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yeah bro, it's not really all that bad.  Also, instead of spending a whole slew of money on surgery, why not try a workout routine that would help you firm up your upper body.  People seem to ignore the fact that a healthy diet and excersise routine can work wonders.  You would still have the puffy nipples but honestly, they wouldn't look morbid or out of wack.  It sounds like most of it is in your head.  If I were you, I'd spend the money joining a gym or highering a personal trainer first.  Worse that could happen is that you not be satisfied with your gym results and get the surgery anyway.

What are you on about? The guy has pectoral muscles. Working out will make absolutely no difference to his puffy nipples whatsoever.

Brent - I think you'd be a good candidate for surgery, if that's what you want to do. You hardly have any fat there, I think you have the potential for great results given the correct circumstances.
etc.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline hollyshit

• Posting Member
Hey man i am in the same boat as you...i have pretty nice pecs but i am a little more muscular and my nipples are doing the same shit....and i hate it...its just that people cant really tell when you on the beach and think i look great but its just some thing i notice that bothers me......i just dont know if its worth the RISK of the DOCTOR making a PRETTY NICE CHEST look WORST..by screwing up and or LEAVING SCARS...I dont know LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IT is not like we have mann boobs but a very minor case and you would think it would be a very easy procedure to just remove the PUFF from the nipples...BUT I DONT KNOW???

??

Offline brent777

• Posting Member
Yeah, I don't know what the guy was smoking when he suggested I join a gym.  All modesty aside, I'd have to say I am a pretty fit guy.  I work out consistently, 2-3 times a week and can bench over 270 pounds.  I don't think exercise is the answer.  I met with the surgeon I referred to earlier, and I didn't like him.  His name was Dr. Eisemann in Houston, and he didn't seem personable or friendly and that's something I want in a doctor.  I did a little bit more research on doctors in the area and heard great things about Dr. Mentz and his "puncure" procedure that leaves a much smaller scar.  I decided to set up a consultation with him (which was yesterday) and liked the guy a lot.  He has performed plenty of these surgeries, and I just felt comfortable with him.  Today I set a date for the surgery.  After I get done with all my finals at college, I'll come back home and have my surgery done December 20.  I talked it over with my parents, and they are supporting me 100% and (God bless them) have decided to pay for the surgery even though I would have covered every penny of it myself.  I'll keep you updated as I go along, but until then I'll just file this date somewhere in the back of my head so that I'm not anxiously anticipating it the entire semester.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024