Author Topic: crater horror with nipple depression  (Read 16224 times)

Offline Raym

• Posting Member
Last Friday (5 days ago) I had a surgery in both sizes with liposuction and gland removal. The right size seems ok but in the left there is a crater enormous. It's really a big hole and the nipple is completely depressed inside. I didn't know that this kind of disaster could occur. I'm completely desperate.

I have read some solutions from the Dr. Bermant web page (fat flaps or fat injected). The problem is that I live in Spain and I don't know other surgeon who can apply these techniques.

My crater is so big that I don't think a fat flaps reconstruction would be possible. Perhaps the only possibility is to add some fat or to put one implant. I need some information about these possibilities.

Please give me any advice. I'm really desperate. There is two days I can't sleep.

Sorry for my bad English.

GynO_DuDe

Listen, take it easy, its not the end of the world.

First of all, post some pictures of your chest so we can see what your referring too and it may help doctors on this board give you some solutions.

Secondly, after I HAD my operation I was absolutely shocked and felt faint because of what I was seeing and coudln't sleep properly and kept on posting on this forum ... my chest was a right mess but that was straight out of the operating room. 2 Years down the line, its 70% better in my opinion and now im going in for a revision to hopefully get it to 90-95%.

The main thing you need to understand is, your chest is going to heal & fill up so much its actually quite ridiculous, healing is a long wait im afraid, and a very nervous one aswell because you just dont know what the end result will be until its fully healed.

Offline Raym

• Posting Member
Ok, these are the images of the horror

Please, give any advice how to solve this. I thik I'm going to be completely fool.

Help.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Hey, really sorry that this happened to you, but this should really be a lesson to everyone out there that you really need to choose your surgeon wisely.  Let's think this through, the reality is that there are only a limited number of things you can do right now, this is what I think they are:

1. Call your ps immediately and talk to him about it.  Only he/she knows exactly what happened and whether this is something that will get better on its own or something that needs to be corrected with surgery.  Be calm about it and collect as much information as you can.

2. Just relax.  You just had surgery a few days ago, even if you decide on getting a second surgery, you won't be able to go under the knife again for several months, you need to heal up first before you can get a second surgery.

3. Do your homework on getting a revision.  Bermant is a great option, but since you are in Europe, you may need to research some local options.

4. Save money.  The revision will be expensive and at this point, it has probably dawned on you that you can't spare any expense on a surgery like this.  You need to be willing to travel anywhere in the world if you want to get this fixed correctly.  It's simply not worth the physical and psycological torture just to save a few bucks, I keep preaching this

Something tells me this is not likely to get better on its own, but since you can't do anything about it for several more months, who knows, maybe it will, you just have to be patient.  Other than that, just take it easy and stay focused.  You have problem because you were sloppy in handling this gyne issue the first time around, don't sweat it because what's done is done, now you just need to take the steps to correct it, but be careful to do it right this time around.  This is definitely fixable if you find the right surgeon this time around.

Offline Raym

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advices.

I'm trying to psych up myself because surely this crater is not going to heal on its own. The fact is that I have always done a lot sports and my body weight has always been more than 120 kg from 20 years ago. I'm 40. Most than a bodybuilder I have the body of a powerlifter. I had this gyne for over 10 years as a consequence of a wrong done steroids cycle .

The surgeon has told me and I have seen it in the photos that on the left chest side I got a gland that was almost 8 cm !!! in diameter by 3 cm deep. On the right side the gland was "only" half of it. The large size of my body 120 kg in 1.83 m made that these enormous glands were confused with my huge chest (I benched easily 150 kg).

My gynecomastia was not very visible even in t-shirt but it made me pain when I touched it or even with the friction of the t-shirt when running. Sometimes I was afraid that it might become cancerous and I was a scary.

I think that having removed so big gyne has been a good idea. If I have to get used to this crater I will. If I can make a surgery revision I will too. I have already passed some very bad days and I don't want to fall down in a mental depression.

Thanks again. Any information or encouragement you give me will be very much appreciated.

GynO_DuDe

The craters their because he removed more gland than one side ... explains why you have a crater. Its not nice, but would you rather have big boobs?

Guys with minor cases are lucky, their jobs look 99.9% but guys with a more serious case and more gland/tissue usually get a 80-95% perfection rate, like myself ... but im not complaining.

Look at the positive side, its not that bad, just lie and say you had a dangerous lump removed and it could have been cancer if any one asks. But also, when your ready do some research in to other doctors to see if they can rectify it, do good solid research, any one can lie to just take money off you and leave you in a even worser situation than you are already.

DrBermant

Last Friday (5 days ago) I had a surgery in both sizes with liposuction and gland removal. The right size seems ok but in the left there is a crater enormous. It's really a big hole and the nipple is completely depressed inside. I didn't know that this kind of disaster could occur. I'm completely desperate.

I have read some solutions from the Dr. Bermant web page (fat flaps or fat injected). The problem is that I live in Spain and I don't know other surgeon who can apply these techniques.

My crater is so big that I don't think a fat flaps reconstruction would be possible. Perhaps the only possibility is to add some fat or to put one implant. I need some information about these possibilities.

Please give me any advice. I'm really desperate. There is two days I can't sleep.

Sorry for my bad English.

Tissues need to heal to better understand possible problems and options.

I am able to use my Fat Flap Technique to rebuild many Crater Deformity Complications after Gynecomastia Surgery.  Some defects however, do not have enough local resources for reconstruction.

Actually I see many patients from around the world who prefer my techniques.  You can find a few of the gynecomastia patient experiences and travel from Europe and elsewhere by following some of the links on that page.

To minimize travel, patients often start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Raym

• Posting Member
OK, I know the crater I have is very deep. It would be difficult to heal on its own but no impossible. If there is not any improvement in two months I would expect it never is going to heal on its own.

In all case, why is it not possible to do a fat refill in the next 4 months, for example? Is it necessary to wait for more months?

I'm anxious and desperate.

13genof

Wow another SURGERY NIGHTMARE!

8)GOOD LUCK YOU NEED IT

GynO_DuDe

OK, I know the crater I have is very deep. It would be difficult to heal on its own but no impossible. If there is not any improvement in two months I would expect it never is going to heal on its own.

In all case, why is it not possible to do a fat refill in the next 4 months, for example? Is it necessary to wait for more months?

I'm anxious and desperate.

Don't be anxious and desperate, after my first operation right, my chest changed so much its ridiculous. First 6 months or so, I thought, ok my chest is better than pre-op, but tbh its not that nice, slight saggyness and wrinkles when I used to tense. And then as more months went by, and all of a sudden I was 2 years post-op, my chest was nice & tight because I was still excercising and it filled out quite well.

I have the same mentality now with my 2nd revision op ... im healing and 2 days post op, and ive noticed hardly any major difference visually, apart from the fact I can FEEL no scar tissue any more, but I know the final result will come after many months ...

Thats the problem with gynecomastia surgery, its sooo depressing even after the operation because its not an instant solution to be 100% happy, unless you obviously had a huge chest to begin with.

irish lad

what about dr benito in barcelona he is very good?

Offline Raym

• Posting Member

Really, he has an interesting web page but I hadn't known him.

Perhaps my deep crater could be refilled by fat transfer or other substances (alloderm, bio-alchemid...). I don't know what substance has better results. In all case, Dr. Bermant's flap flaps technique seems the better option because the tissues are blood supplied.

Is there any surgeon in Europe who has the skill to apply fat flaps technique? I have no doubt that Dr. Bermant would be the better in this field but for me traveling to Virginia seems something too complicated from Spain.

Is not yet only a question of money. How to explain to my family this?: I'm going to travel to Virginia to have a nipple reconstruction...

Unfortunately, I think I must exploit first other solutions.

DrBermant

Really, he has an interesting web page but I hadn't known him.

Perhaps my deep crater could be refilled by fat transfer or other substances (alloderm, bio-alchemid...). I don't know what substance has better results. In all case, Dr. Bermant's flap flaps technique seems the better option because the tissues are blood supplied.

Is there any surgeon in Europe who has the skill to apply fat flaps technique? I have no doubt that Dr. Bermant would be the better in this field but for me traveling to Virginia seems something too complicated from Spain.

Is not yet only a question of money. How to explain to my family this?: I'm going to travel to Virginia to have a nipple reconstruction...

Unfortunately, I think I must exploit first other solutions.

I have never seen a decent result from other materials placed into a male chest defect that moved like fat.

Actually many of our patients from abroad combine their surgery with a vacation. Both Virginia and Washington D.C. have quite a bit to see and do while Visiting Richmond VA.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

irish lad

loads and loads of people went to dr benito from the uk boards and had great results me included although i am going back for revision but give him a shot

coordinator@cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org

thats his assistant get a consultation organised im sure he'l be able to do something he is regarded as one of the best in europe

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
loads and loads of people went to dr benito from the uk boards and had great results me included although i am going back for revision but give him a shot

coordinator@cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org

thats his assistant get a consultation organised im sure he'l be able to do something he is regarded as one of the best in europe

Sorry to threadjack, but why do you need a revision if you had "great results"?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024