Author Topic: Gynecomastia and Jogging  (Read 4276 times)

Offline 854clc

• Posting Member
Who here jogs? I'm out of town, and there isn't a gym nearby, so I went jogging today in a nearby park. I found that my gynecomastia was distracting me. My breasts were swinging when I was jogging, and they were feeling very heavy. It was so distracing that I had to cut my run short. This is why I normally bike in the gym.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
i am a fan of jogging and also play five a side footie. my case isnt to bad but yes ur right it is well off putting and hard to concentrate.

I especially hate jogging while lots of people in their cars in traffic so i stick to country lanes. the only thing that i found helps if u wear a tight vest underneath a looser top. and just try and think its not all about ur chest why ur exercising. other parts of ur body will benefit

hope this helps a bit

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
I have been running for 15 years. The last few years as my chest got fatter and heavier it started to become more and more conscious and bothering to me that my chest was dangling up and down with each stroke. I felt allot of mass dangling up and down with each stroke. It really damped the running experience quite allot for me. It was actually one of the main reasons I went trough with my gyne reduction operation some 3 weeks ago.

In about 3 weeks I shall start running again and shall post my experiences in running gyne free for the first time in years.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
firstly well done with the op! i am in the course of sorting out my own, god knows where i will get the courage to go through with it tho. so encouraging to hear from someone eles experience who understands.

but when doin sport etc it takes ur concentration away and ur right u can feel it whilst running etc. i played in a footie tournament last year and was constantly struggling with it, as big crowds were there, instead of just concentrating on how many goals to score.

would be grateful if u did post ur new experiences now that u have had surgery, how it affect ur joggin more confidence etc hope all works out for the best

Offline 854clc

• Posting Member
firstly well done with the op! i am in the course of sorting out my own, god knows where i will get the courage to go through with it tho. so encouraging to hear from someone eles experience who understands.

but when doin sport etc it takes ur concentration away and ur right u can feel it whilst running etc. i played in a footie tournament last year and was constantly struggling with it, as big crowds were there, instead of just concentrating on how many goals to score.

would be grateful if u did post ur new experiences now that u have had surgery, how it affect ur joggin more confidence etc hope all works out for the best

I actually haven't had surgery yet. I've had a consultation, and I'll be getting the surgery in August. Yes, I do feel it. I'll post my sugery experiences, post-op experiences, etc when the time comes. I'm not so scared about what the people in the park think, its more that the swinging is distracting. And the breasts feel very heavy when joggin too.

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I love jogging but i have a very bad case of gyno so what i do is i wear one of those sport vests, inexpensive and it really does away with the swinging and all that, a lot of people wear them to help them lose weight so you shouldnt look or feel uncomfortable

854clc, could you share your consultation experience with me? I'm having mine this Friday and im thinking of surgery this august as well. I'm not sure what to expect though, it might be hard taking off my shirt :S
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey redman thanks for the advice! think i will try and get one of those vests, even tho my case isnt that bad its enough to make me feel uncomfortable with jogging so that vest might be ideal. Im having a consultation in the next few weeks so i could post u my experience etc. i have had one or two already but werent happy with them so decided to try a more experienced surgeon with before and after photos.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
cyclist  8)

Good tip, I bought a race bike a 2 weeks before I went in to surgery, so instead of jogging whilst recovering I cycle a few times a week.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024