Author Topic: How does it go away?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Santa

I have had it for 3 years now and im almost16 ...my odds are that i will have it for many swimless years to come.... but my question is how does it go away naturally? what happens to the fat/tissue? how does your body get rid of it?etc

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i assume the fat content disappears from the gland tissue that holds it, but if that has developed more than normal, it doesn't disappear at all.  disappearance only applies to minor stuff anyway.  and yes, sorry to say it sounds like you've joined the club till you get rid of it yourself. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The fact is that it does not actually go away.

The glandular tissue can, and sometimes does, shrink. The fatty deposits common to boys in early puberty are used up fueling a growth spurt in the teens. And, as the youth grows, the condition becomes less obvious even not apparent.

Obviously these things do not work for all of us.
Grandpa Dan

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
Yeah I've had it since I was 10...and I'm 20. at least you've been able to diagnose yourself early. Ive gone up to a few months ago being completely clueless about my condition. My gyne is almost all gland, I am very thin and this makes my boobs look even more unnatural. The only way to get rid of it is surgery. Just talk to your parents! I'm working my way through college and I come from a pretty poor family, but one day my gyne made me really depressed and my dad saw me crying and offered to pay for almost my entire surgery using his retirement money..you can find a way dude just have faith. People who don't have gyne will never understand the mental pain it cause, but we have our whole lives ahead us, sept will be the beginning of the rest of my life.
f*ck gyne

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
joltera,

I am an old man who is retired. If your father truly is willing to use part of his retirement funds to finance your surgery, you should make a sincere effort to repay it in a timely manner. He is sacrificing his future security to pay for your happiness. I hope you appreciate fully what he is so willing to do.

My bet is that had he not found you crying that day, you would never have opened a discussion about Gynecomastia.

We often hear from young men who say they cannot approach their parents. The problem is not usually that the parents cannot be approached, but that we have great difficulty putting our feelings into words.

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
Yeah believe me I am soo thankful for his offer, I really don't deserve his money for my petty personal insecurities, but it's awfully hard to deny it even if I don't really want to take that from him.  And indeed I  have serious intentions to pay him back, even though he isn't requiring me too. I'm going to pay him 150 dollars a month for the next 38 month's which i can easily afford but I just couldn't wait that long to actually save. he will still be working then so everything should be clear. I am SO very appreciative that my father is being so generous.  I expressed the problem with him before but that time in particular I really opened up all my emotions and explained how much gyne really affects me, my state of mind, and my life.

I guess the whole point of my story was to reflect  that even against all odds things CAN work out. The reason I was so upset that time was after reading this site and realizing how expensive it would be, things seemed hopeless and I never expected in a million years my dad would help me out. Your parent's love you and if you love them back they will usually do anything for you to make you happy which in turn makes them happy. So to anyone reading this, if you haven't come completely honest with your loved ones about how you really feel, you really should as soon as possible. I wasn't planning on it but I'm sure glad I did.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It should be kept in mind that our priorities change over time.

If surgery is delayed, the financial responsibilities of having a wife and children will often claim a higher priority. For most, the surgery needs to take place early in adulthood or it will not happen at all.

With those realities in mind, a young man should decide soon after their teens whether they choose to have surgery or not.

Offline Majetich

• Posting Member
Well, I gotta agree with the rest of them. Looks like you're stuck with it unless you can do something about it yourself.

I'm 17, and have had it since maybe i was 12 (?). Recently I finally just got so damn sick of it that I used the money I had stocked up for a truck for a surgery. I was actually pleasantly suprised at the cost, I thought it would be 4000+ but I believe my grand total was maybe 2500.

My advice would be to come on out and tell your parents now and see about getting their help. It will make it so much easier finding a good surgeon and and a way to come up with the money to do it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024