Author Topic: A little confused !!  (Read 2948 times)

Offline level_headed

• Posting Member
I have been reading these forums for a while and have gathered the courage to go for surgery. I developed gyno while stepping in to puberty (am 32 now). I felt pain and also could notice a gland under my nipples at that time.
After years of gymming and running it's still there. Although I could not notice any gland with touching anymore, the area around my nipples become puffy (though it looks quite normal if I am cold or am excited). So I can't wear tight or light colour tees.
I am seeing a local cosmetiic surgeon who is quite open on discussing the matter at length and have answered most of my question patiently. He seems good.

Now, by touching he said he can't find any hard gland or Disc as he refers, so my condition can be corrected by mere liposuction. However my concern is that when my nipular area is warm it becomes puffy, to which he says it will be fine after liposuction. Also I used to feel hard gland during the years when I began to get gyno.
I have decided to go for surgery on coming wednesday (Aug 5th) but can't seem to be sure that my condition will be completely corrected with mere liposuction.

I am 5.7 ft and weigh 163 lbs.

Please let me know wht you guys think. I have my pics attached. Thanks.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yeah by the looks of you nipples it looks like theres more than fat in there. Did you ask your surgeon what would happen if he performed only lipo and fail to fix the problem? As in would he revise for free or any other choices? And did you talk to him about doing excision?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline level_headed

• Posting Member
Thanks for replying Dave
Yeh I did ask him for excision and he is firm on telling me that it is needless. He says he doesn't feel it will do any good to me plus I will end up losing any sensation I have in my nipples, which isn't very good.
I have not asked him for revision surgery (if required) but will do that once i see him on monday.
I don't think it would be a great idea to get another surgery for same thing because it's a lot of pain and patience. Hoping to get rid of it in one go !

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:27:13 AM by level_headed »

Offline wildbilly

• Posting Member
Your situation sounds identical to what I and many others have experienced- hard gland at puberty, fat accumulation during aging, hard gland not as easy to detect as you get older, deciding to get surgery, and having some uncaring, money hungry surgeon tell you lipo only will work for you. I fell into the same trap on lipo only pitch from doctor as have many other well intentioned  guys on this site. Do yourself a huge favor and learn from the mistakes and emotional rollercoaster others have suffered - Lipo only when there is gland will not work. You know your body better than anyone- trust your own instincts. If gland was there when you were younger, it is still there and lipo will not rid you of it. My first surgeon did a great job removing fat through aggressive lipo. What was left was the hard gland that he later admitted he could not remove even with his aggressive lipo only techniques. I told him upfront I had a lot of gland tissue from when I was a teenager but he did not listen and unfortunately for me I trusted him when he said lipo would remove it if encountered. Well, you see where this is headed- huge emotional letdown after living with this for years and finally going for surgery, still having gland, and later having to find a surgeon who is experienced in gland excision. As tough as it may be at this point, find yourself another surgeon who will listen to you. Run fast from a lipo only surgeon.

Offline level_headed

• Posting Member
Thanks for replying wildbilly
you pretty much have hit the nail. I had the doubt in my mind but wanted a reassurance and now i can be sure I was right. We have a renowned surgeon in a bigger city which is far from where i live. So i was kinda falling for a local guy. Only because I was worried about traveling back to my home after surgery (3 hrs drive min). But I guess I'll stay there for a couple of days after surgery. It's better to go to an experienced guy in first time instead of going to him later for revision surgery !

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yeah dude save some time and money and go to someone that you know for sure that will get rid of your problem. Some folks are so desperate in getting rid of gyne that they go to a local surgeon that does only lipo. Luckily for me I didn't take that path. After reading so much posts about failed surgery with lipo only really saved my ass. But sadly I have to wait longer and save more money.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you're in doubt, get a second opinion.  the lipo-only guys will never give you a 100% written guarantee, they generally just want you to pay and not call them again.   

i believe the reason they don't feel the gland is because once it fills out a little, it softens up the same as on a woman.  if you took out all the fat, it would reduce back, and the gland tissue would be what was left.  problem.  some say they can get the gland with special technique too, but a lot of people have had different experiences and been unhappy for it.  if it's the technique you know and you aren't experienced at excision, you won't believe it's not the magic solution to everything. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
is it really true that if you remove the gland. the sensation would also might as well gone?
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it can and probably depends on how it's done, a doc can be more specific.  personally i'd consider it a good trade but your mileage may vary. 

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
well, i wouldn't mind if the sensation would gone in my chest area.
i will definitely choose to flatten my chest even without sensation rather than with a sensation but with big moobs.  ;D

Offline level_headed

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot guys. Yes, actually was getting desperate and could have moved in wrong direction. Will move cautiously now. A lot thorough research will follow. I'll keep you guys posted.

Offline level_headed

• Posting Member
Ok so finally I met this surgeon who fits my bill. He is experienced and knows his stuff. The most important thing is that he told me I need a combination of Lipo and excision (which was my prime concern).

Tomorrow is the day. I will post complete details about the surgery once it's done.

All you guys and of course this site played a major role in my decision to go for the surgery I initially thought I'd never go for.

Thanks a lot guys !!

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
Good luck!  Let us know how it goes..

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
By the looks of it, I'd say you definitely have gland there, so good thing you're getting excision too.
Good luck with the operation and keep us posted.

grtz

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024