Author Topic: Is Revision Necessary?  (Read 3149 times)

Offline quanta321

• Posting Member
Hello board members,

I developed gynecomastia roughly around 13 and was bothered much by the condition. I underwent excision only surgery with Dr Fielding of Toronto approximately 3 years ago at 17 yo. He told me that I did not require the liposuction procedure and did not pay anything. I am 20yo now and as you can observe in the pictures it still seems that the condition has not completely disappeared. When I feel the area there is no sign of hard glandular tissue, but it feels like there is a significant portion of fatty tissue in the area. Obviously I am unhappy with the results and still do not feel comfortable with them. My question is can fat alone cause the protrusion of the nipple like this? Whenever I wear a shirt you can always see them, especially in hotter weather. Can exercise rectify the case or should I book an appointment for a reevaluation with the doc?   

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
Looks fine to me ;)

Offline quanta321

• Posting Member
Thank you for the response. Yes it does seem normal to me from time to time, but at some moments it feels like they are literally the centre of attention in a place and keeps me refraining from much social activity. Its not so much the look but the "feeling" that its there. I can literally feel the excess tissue that is causing the condition.

Offline anonymous321

i don't see anything wrong at all

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
Thank you for the response. Yes it does seem normal to me from time to time, but at some moments it feels like they are literally the centre of attention in a place and keeps me refraining from much social activity. Its not so much the look but the "feeling" that its there. I can literally feel the excess tissue that is causing the condition.

Ah, that's a whole different story.

That isn't the gyne being the centre of attention, that's you THINKING that it's the centre of attention.

You're probably not used to the fact that your gyne is gone to be honest. And don't really worry about your nips being too puffy or not, just remember 95% of the community members here are perfectionists, all they want is 100%. i don't neccessarily blame them because they've been through so much emotional trauma that they don't want to be reminded of it one but, but just remember, that your chest looks fine.

Offline quanta321

• Posting Member
After a more careful feel I have found there to be very minute hard lumps under each areola. They are located just underneath the excision marks and I'm hoping that this is scar tissue not excess or regrown glandular tissue. Is puffiness like this a common symptom of scar tissue. What should scar tissue feel like? Is it supposed to be visible at the surface or felt underneath as I am feeling?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... you had surgery 3 years ago my man... Scar tissue would have dissipated many moons ago.

BTW...  Looks fine to me dude.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Dude, you look absolutely fine. If your chest was the "center of attention", I would NEVER take my shirt off, and I've had surgery too. Glandular excision doesn't necessarily mean that ALL gland will be removed, there very well may be some gland there - that I'm sure Dr. Fielding LEFT there to avoid you having any concavity.

Again, let me re-iterate you have a perfectly normal looking chest that most people on this board would kill to have. Just my two cents.

Offline kev

• Bronze Member
  • Hey - my face is up HERE!  Talk to ME.
Your chest looks really well... congrats.

Now it might be time to think about how you see your chest - the "inner gyne" - I call it.   

Good luck!

Kev

Bilateral Excision April 1994; Revision September 1999.

Offline khan

• Posting Member
normal
i would like to have a dent in my chest though

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024