Author Topic: I hate my chest - am I fat, or is it GYNo?  (Read 20381 times)

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

I would really appreciate any input, and your wisdom

I have always been on the larger side, until recently when I have started to diet/exercise and getting into bodybuilding, though this is only over the last 9 months. I have always, always hated my chest, it seemed fat but then I used to weight 14.9st so I put it down to solely being fat

I now weigh 11.5 stone roughly and my chest still looks the same, despite my bodyfat dropping, I am still consious of my weight and still trying to get leaner, but please any view is welcome, do I look fat (I do still have love handles) or is it Gyno? I wont see my doc abut this because, honestly I dont like any doctor at my surgery and I rarely even go there, unless I have to, I know they will say for their own convenience to loose weight

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:06:53 PM by markfj »

Offline myth77

• Posting Member
well i can tell you your not really fat, and if u have G (looks like puffy nipples) it is barely noticeable in my opinion. If you put a side pic and exercise wont get ride of it. The only option is surgery. But you have it (if u do) very very mild.

DrBermant

Hi Guys

I would really appreciate any input, and your wisdom

I have always been on the larger side, until recently when I have started to diet/exercise and getting into bodybuilding, though this is only over the last 9 months. I have always, always hated my chest, it seemed fat but then I used to weight 14.9st so I put it down to solely being fat

I now weigh 11.5 stone roughly and my chest still looks the same, despite my bodyfat dropping, I am still consious of my weight and still trying to get leaner, but please any view is welcome, do I look fat (I do still have love handles) or is it Gyno? I wont see my doc abut this because, honestly I dont like any doctor at my surgery and I rarely even go there, unless I have to, I know they will say for their own convenience to loose weight

3.4 Stone = 47.6 pounds is a significant weight loss.  Loose skin can take 6 months or longer to equilibrate After Major Weight Loss. Posting Standard Pictures to Demonstrate Gynecomastia and Loose Skin Issues can help demonstrate just how much of this problem is the skin vs, residual fat / gland.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
thanks for the replies guys

I have always had a fairlu big chest (to me its big) but my issue is it hasnt got smaller even though I, have lost a fair bit of weight.

Here are some more pics, I feel I should go to docs but again I really dont want to, and dont know who else to speak to, It honestly depresses me so much, even though its not as severe as some poeples I understand, I wont go swimming, dating, go shirtless anywhere, It really ruins my confidence!

Here are the better pics

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:06:36 PM by markfj »

Offline beetlejuice

• Posting Member
dude.. push-ups.. chest workouts cardio diet! u aint got no gyno..
in my opinion

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
looks like a gland to me! puffy nipples etc. i trained for a year solid and the crap wouldn budge. maybe the best thing would be to train hard loose weight then if u still have it in six months then u will just know ur self that it aint goin to budge. when i trim down it becomes more noticeable so this may happen but atleast u can opt for surgery then.

hope that helps

Offline krucial

• Bronze Member
in this case! theres a good chance if you loose more weight .. it might show more!

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Cheers guys

thats my issue, I am still trying to loose weight, but I dont think I look that fat anymore, though I want t get down to 11st,

here is a full side pic, so you can see my overall BF

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
You have glandular gynecomastia. Consult a doctor and get surgery if it bothers you.

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
dude.. push-ups.. chest workouts cardio diet! u aint got no gyno..
in my opinion

push ups??? it will only worsen gyno right?

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Doing chest exercises wont help me loose fat from the chest, as mentioned it can build more muscle underneath and make it worse

I go to th gym 5 days a week and do weights and cardio, I am also following a diet plan so hope to loose some fat and then build some muscle afterwards... but I really hate my chest!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
i know the feeling! no exercise will budge i have tried to

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
so, who can I ask to diagnose this apart from my doctor? I dont want to see my doctor, but would see someone else, I want to know for sure If its just fat or not... i dont think its just fat though?

DrBermant

so, who can I ask to diagnose this apart from my doctor? I dont want to see my doctor, but would see someone else, I want to know for sure If its just fat or not... i dont think its just fat though?

Actually, without taking an unnecessary  male mammogram, determining fat vs. gland ratios by Clinical Examination of the chest alone is just plain not accurate.  Although fat tends to be soft and gland firm, fat can be firm and gland soft.  The problem will be a combination of skin, fat and gland as shown in these Anatomy of Gynecomastia Drawings.

You can find many examples of my clinical estimates of gland on my website before surgery markings and plan (the inner circle is my guess for the firmer gland component).  You then can find the results with the removed gland sitting on the patient's chest in the operating room.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Contouring that adapts to what I find in the operating room as to what elements of my artist's pallet of surgical tools I sculpt each chest I use.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies

Yes I am in the UK, my thing is, though my problem int huge to most people, to me its the thing daily I think about and hate, and if I had to show someone It wouldnt be someone I know, rather someone I didnt.

I honestly dont know that I could afford a Plastic surgeon, but something I would save for, though ofcourse would be better with a GP referral

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024