Author Topic: Finally had surgery! 12 days post op  (Read 4224 times)

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
I finally took the plunge that i've been waiting to take for almost 10 years now. I spent all the money i was able to save for the past couple of years and had my surgery, everything paid, upfront. Im 21 years old and in college, thus the money issue. There were several issues i faced in having the surgery to begin with.

Only two people know that i had anything done, my roomate and my girlfriend. I was far too embarrassed to have ever told my family especially my parents, so trying to hide the surgery was very difficult but I think it may be the best decision ive ever made.

Being 12 days post op i still have considerable swelling. the surgery went flawlessly. Excision of glandular tissue only with no lipo. I was a textbook example of puffy nipple gynecomastia with nipples protruding almost an inch out (very bad).

It was basically torture to go to the pool and swim or to the lake (two of my favorite things in the world) because of my chest. i couldnt wear certain T-shirts or polos and especially not V-necks. It literally affected every aspect of my life in a negative way, and my self esteem could not have been lower. I am 6'3 and 210 pounds, athletic, and I dont consider myself a super attractive person but i dont think i'm ugly guy either and girls seem to find me attractive (gyne covered up). My gynecomastia was basically a slap in my face everyday of my life.

immediately after the surgery i could tell the difference in size but as time went on my breasts swelled almost to the size that they were pre op which caused me great concern. my incision site doesn't look too bad and i don't expect too much scarring, and even if there is i know i won't care knowing that my man boobs are gone. The Swelling is beginning to subside now which is a great relief and i cant wait to see the final results.

here is some info that i hope can help those suffering from this terrible condition in any way possible

Surgeon- Dr. Garland Porterfield MD. out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Price- $2,750 Including surgeon fee, operating room fee, and anesthesia

Operation- Excision Gynecomastia (breast tissue only- No Liposuction)

Tissue removed- 11 Grams left side 14 Grams right side

I apologize for the lack of pics but my camera is broken at the moment. I Just wanted to share my story and i hope that it is some inspiration to those who read it. i will post pics as soon as i can

Offline Londonyoyo

• Posting Member
Hi, I have recently had the op, very similar to yourself, puffy nipples.  I'm only 7 days post op, but I've now got puffy nipples again.  I'm hoping this will be post op swelling. How are you getting on, have they flatterned out?

yoyo

Offline helpmeplease

• Posting Member
mine actually puffed back up to bigger than previous size but as time has passed and healing has taken place my chest is starting to look really great. at the 1 month mark i was freaking out! but patience pays off and i am really seeing good results now. I cant tell you how excited i am to finally see some final results taking shape.

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
I know this is an old thread, but hoping the OP might still be around/connected to the site.  I am hoping to find a doc around OKC and was looking at Dr. Portfield's website from the OP's positive experience and saw that he states on his site that the average cost is $4500-$5700, quite an increase from what the OP paid less than 3 years ago.  Is this appropriate pricing?  I'm willing to pay the appropriate amount, but don't want to go into this blindly...

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
How has the healing come? Im little over a months post op and the puffyness has returned like yours did.  What did you do to help the healing?  Massaging etc..? Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024