Author Topic: Feedback Welcomed  (Read 3802 times)

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
Please tell me what you see and what you suggest. I still have some fat to lose but I feel as though my skin wont keep up with it. My skin has been through a lot ( quick weight loss and gain). I did not take care of my body when i was younger(i.e. used lots of alcohol, marijuana, drugs ect). I really wanted to shape my body but didn't know how to go about it. I had weight about 200 lbs then lost about 50 lbs. But didn't look healthy so i started working out and gaining muscle. I am doing a lot better but I still have a long way to go. I think it may just take time and hard work/dedication. I would like to know what you guys think. I will post two pics at a time as i don't understand how to post any more that that per post. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:59:01 PM by gynorhyno »

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
More pics.......it will only let me post two at a time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:00:02 AM by gynorhyno »

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
I forgot to mention I am trying to gain a substantial amount of muscle, and this is where i hope to fill in the flabby skin. It seems to work very slowly with a balanced diet I have now. I also take a very good vitamin complex. Heres more pics.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:00:31 AM by gynorhyno »

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
Last of the pictures. I made sure to get the correct angles specified by the physician who seems to be very proactive on here. I would like to hear your opinion. Hopefully I am not exhausting you with the same ole same ole explanation........
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:07:30 AM by gynorhyno »

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
I can't see any flabby skin. My opinion your case is minor. Continue losing fat and gaining muscle (well I guess you can't do both at the same time, so maybe bulk up and then start losing fat after that) and I think your case is minor, no big deal.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Id tend to agree with the above ( as far as I can make out from those photos)

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
I'm not saying though that you should not get surgery. Once you get in shape go for it if it bothers you.

DrBermant

Please tell me what you see and what you suggest. I still have some fat to lose but I feel as though my skin wont keep up with it. My skin has been through a lot ( quick weight loss and gain). I did not take care of my body when i was younger(i.e. used lots of alcohol, marijuana, drugs ect). I really wanted to shape my body but didn't know how to go about it. I had weight about 200 lbs then lost about 50 lbs. But didn't look healthy so i started working out and gaining muscle. I am doing a lot better but I still have a long way to go. I think it may just take time and hard work/dedication. I would like to know what you guys think. I will post two pics at a time as i don't understand how to post any more that that per post. Thank you.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Is it not great getting that extra weight off?  However, it sounds like you are a work in progress. Did you put that weight back on or are these pictures after the weight loss?

Have you checked your BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index)? However, Body Mass Index does not take into account muscle mass vs. fat. Body Fat Analyzers can help define how much of the problem is fat. I recommend such body fat analyzers when my patients are trying to access their progress and replacing fat with muscle. The scale may not change, but the body composition will.

Last of the pictures. I made sure to get the correct angles specified by the physician who seems to be very proactive on here. I would like to hear your opinion. Hopefully I am not exhausting you with the same ole same ole explanation........

For patients with major weight loss, loose skin can become a factor. Loose skin comes in many different degrees. For my patients trying to understand if drooping skin is a part of the problem I use a different set of Standard Pictures to evaluate male chest loose skin and gynecomastia. The bending over views permit gravity to pull the loose skin and show how much. The extra views of tensing muscles from different angles are an attempt to document with photos if the Nipples are Hanging Below the Pectoral Muscles.

For my patients, I recommend first getting to a weight they feel comfortable with. If there is remaining contour problem, then consider the various possible options that surgery may have to offer. Weight loss before surgery is usually much better than weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
To your question whether or not I put the weight back on: I used to weigh about 210 lbs when i was 16-17 (I am ~ 6') then lost about 50 lbs....not slowly either( i basically did this through starvation) then I started to gain muscle. I was doing real good then I quit dieting as strict ( am very busy with college my old diet was strict and timed i.e. every three hours.) I think stress has a lot to do with my fat retention too. I try to keep a 4.0 gpa and am a pre-med major. I am 23 years old now and have been back and forth as far as body fat %. What do ya think??

Offline gynorhyno

• Posting Member
So I pusted this and I got some feedback but not much......How many people out there think that this looks like a case of Gyne or just fat?

DrBermant

So I pusted this and I got some feedback but not much......How many people out there think that this looks like a case of Gyne or just fat?

All male mammals have gland, it is a function of being mammal. The normal Anatomy of Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin. Losing weight can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, remaining fat, gland, and skin can be factors after weight loss. 

Galen first coined the term "Gynecomastia." Although he was aware of the gland component, he was describing the mainly fat male breast. So if the shape says female on a male chest, then it is gynecomastia by definition.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline kingboob

Hi, to me it looks like you need to lose weight (body fat) before you consider gaining any more muscle...... you can't gain muscle without gaining some fat, and to me it already looks like you have quite a high body fat %,  gaining mass will just push out the fat, gland and loose skin even more.

No offense intended.... I am fatter than you without a doubt, and currently I am trying to cut back a bit and failing miserably so fat. (weight up 10lbs so far this year..).

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
Looks like fat to me bro.

Just ask yourself this question, will your chest have that much fat at 15% body fat?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024