Author Topic: Summer is coming, it's getting annoying.. Gyno or Not?  (Read 4781 times)

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
So here are pictures of my chest and I would like to hear some opinions.

Me:

I've had these puffy nipples since I was 12 or something. Now the summer is coming and it is really starting to annoy me. I have just met a nice girl and I would be really embarassed to take my shirt off in front of her. Since now we've done the stuff so that I had my shirt on, but im sure she wondered why I didn't take it off.

I do have some extra bodyfat, but the size of my breasts is still quite large comparing to my stomach. Many friends of mine have much more fat but still their chest looks better.

I asked my doctor what does he think, and he said that "There's not really gynecomastia, your nipples just happen to be like that..". Soon I'm going on a diet and see if it's gonna help.

And one thing, when my nipples are cold they shrink to a size that starts to look a little bit more normal, but not enough.

Advice please :)

Pics:
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/cimg1008.jpg/
http://img517.imageshack.us/i/cimg1010z.jpg/
http://img36.imageshack.us/i/cimg1009o.jpg/
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/cimg1005i.jpg/
http://img576.imageshack.us/i/cimg1004.jpg/

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
If your girl IS nice, then it wont matter WHAT your chest looks like! If you have gyne its not very much.

DrBermant

So here are pictures of my chest and I would like to hear some opinions.

Me:

I've had these puffy nipples since I was 12 or something. Now the summer is coming and it is really starting to annoy me. I have just met a nice girl and I would be really embarassed to take my shirt off in front of her. Since now we've done the stuff so that I had my shirt on, but im sure she wondered why I didn't take it off.

I do have some extra bodyfat, but the size of my breasts is still quite large comparing to my stomach. Many friends of mine have much more fat but still their chest looks better.

I asked my doctor what does he think, and he said that "There's not really gynecomastia, your nipples just happen to be like that..". Soon I'm going on a diet and see if it's gonna help.

And one thing, when my nipples are cold they shrink to a size that starts to look a little bit more normal, but not enough.

Advice please :)

If the contour does not say male, then it is not a male chest. Male nipples that look like a pubescent female breast are gynecomastia by definition. The female contour at that age are called breasts. I can see that pediatrician telling his young female patient that their breasts are developing nicely, I doubt they say "normal variation of nipples" that should grow into breasts.

Have you checked your Body Mass Index BMI? My calculator will permit metric calculations and that comes up in the normal range. Body Fat Analyzers can better define the percentage of what is fat. Weight loss will not address the gland part of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. Take a look at the typical Anatomy of Puffy Nipples. Only the fat component can be improved with weight loss. Some actually complain that remaining gland gets more exposed.

If there is extra fat, weight loss before surgery is typically better than losing weight after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Thank you for the answers!

I checked my BMI and my weight seems to be normal, though nearer to overweight. So I guess I could try to lose some fat.
The thing with my breasts is that there doesn't seem to be anything glandular or hard inside. That's what my doctor also said.

If it's only soft material, does this usually mean it's fat only? And that a strict diet and exercice would do the job?

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
Diet and exercise might get rid of it, if you have no excess gland.
It certainly will help to a degree.
But there is only one way to know for sure... start your diet/excercise now.
If the end result doesnt satisfy you, then look into surgery.

DrBermant

Thank you for the answers!

I checked my BMI and my weight seems to be normal, though nearer to overweight. So I guess I could try to lose some fat.
The thing with my breasts is that there doesn't seem to be anything glandular or hard inside. That's what my doctor also said.

If it's only soft material, does this usually mean it's fat only? And that a strict diet and exercice would do the job?

The Clinical Examination of the Male Chest does not necessarily differentiate between gland and fat. Although fat tends to be soft and gland firm, gland can be soft and fat firm. You can check the Gland Pictures Removed with Gynecomastia Surgery, with each image you can click on the picture link and look at the before surgery map or my plan / guess how much was fat vs. how much was gland.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024