Author Topic: SKIN REMOVAL  (Read 3927 times)

Offline hiba

Hi guys, I've been browsing the forum quietly for some time now.
I had/ have a fairly severe case of gyne which i underwent liposuction for in december.
i now find i need more liposuction and skin excision.
just wondering if anyone has had experience of skin excision by way of the inverted T or ankor method? or doughnut method?
ive heard plenty about it and the scars it leaves but cant find pictures anywhere to show me how bad it will be after?

any help greatly appreciated

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sometimes it is better to view your type of procedure as a two-stage operation.  The first stage is to remove all excess tissue and to allow your own skin to tighten as much as it can by itself.  Many times this alone is sufficient.

In cases such as yours, however, if there is residual skin (and possible nipple elevation required as well), you will still have benefited from the first operation because now there is less extra skin to deal with and that means smaller scars.

The second stage, in which a decision is made on how to remove excess skin, is based on your own individual results.  But in general, I do not like the donut method for men -- it tends to leave stretched out scars and a stretched out areola as well.  And the inverted T technique, while for a long time the gold standard for female breast reduction, will just add many more scars than necessary to your chest.

Would recommend you consult a plastic surgeon who has large experience in treating gynecomastia.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hiba

many thanks for replying Dr. Jacobs.

i'm am currently trying to find a surgeon( im living in ireland).

apart from the donut and T methods,   what other options are available for removing skin on a man?

many thanks again

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is difficult to explain because it depends on your physical exam, how much lax skin there is, the position of the nipple relative to your chest, etc. 

Some methods use a nipple graft procedure, others use simple skin excision, others use skin excision and pedicled nipple methods --- it can get complicated.  That is why you should see not only a plastic surgeon, but one who is skilled at gyne surgery specifically.

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

Hi guys, I've been browsing the forum quietly for some time now.
I had/ have a fairly severe case of gyne which i underwent liposuction for in december.
i now find i need more liposuction and skin excision.
just wondering if anyone has had experience of skin excision by way of the inverted T or ankor method? or doughnut method?
ive heard plenty about it and the scars it leaves but cant find pictures anywhere to show me how bad it will be after?

any help greatly appreciated
i'm am currently trying to find a surgeon( im living in ireland).

apart from the donut and T methods,   what other options are available for removing skin on a man?

many thanks again

There are several different options for Excess Skin Reduction for the Male Chest, a valuable compromise for those with a major degree of extra skin. The scars can be a significant issue. When a donut mastopexy (circle of skin around the nipple areola) is done badly, you can get this Large Areola Nipple Complication.

The T scar reduction vertical component can look terrible on a male chest. For patients with so much loose skin I prefer Short Scar Skin Reduction Chest Lift. This hides the major reduction scar in the shadow under the pectoral muscles and around the areola eliminating the vertical component.

Each doctor has his / her own skills and abilities. Carefully check a doctor's before and after examples of that specific type of surgery before undertaking their surgery! Without such pictures, having surgery by that individual is a greater gamble. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024