Author Topic: 2.5 Weeks Post-Op - Slightly Worried - Opinions? (Pictures)  (Read 2782 times)

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
I had my gynecomastia surgery 2.5 weeks ago. I had a very puffy left nipple and a puffy right... lipo/excision was done on both sides.
Now, I am not a perfectionist, and I went into the surgery knowing that it wouldn't be "perfect" but I am kind of worried right now... I just want some opinions on if I should be, or if I need to give it more time.
For reference, here is before -

Right after surgery - 3 days post op?
left nipple, the one that was very puffy

And here is now, 2.5 weeks post-op
right nipple - you can barely see the actual scar, but the area around it is hard and raised, making the actual nipple kind of crease in.

Left nipple - its hard to explain, but I guess since there was so much extra skin (nipple was very puffy) it was folded down... but something just doesn't look natural about it. I think that if people were to see it, they would know something was wrong. And now its starting to turn a darker color.. is this look normal for post op, will it eventually heal and look more normal?

here is the side contour

front

Overall, I am very happy with my surgery. I can actually wear a t shirt with no undershirt or anything, it feels awesome. I know 2.5 weeks is very early, so I know I should probably wait for everything to completely heal. Just looking for some reassurance.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
2.5 weeks is indeed early. Give it time and with the compression vest, the skin should retract. This is normal as the skin was stretched out to start with.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I think you're going to be fine. As you've said, it is too early.

In my experience, the nipples changed a lot during the first few weeks as the swelling subsided and the tissues reattached to the chest.

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
If you look at your first pic, your nipple stuck out very far, so when your gyno was removed it had to go somewhere and I think thats why it looks mashed up, it just hasnt shrank down yet. Don't worry man just let it heal
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024