Author Topic: advice needed--pics included  (Read 3384 times)

Offline algar

I developed gynecomastia around puberty...I asked my doctor about it at the time and she seemed almost embarrassed by the topic. She told me with exercise it would go away naturally.  i've tried throughout my adolescence to workout--i still do pushups daily along with normal cardio--but its had no effect on my nipples, its just made my chest larger.  since puberty, there has been a noticeably hard mass under each nipple.  I am 20 years old and have accepted that surgery is probably my only option.  I'm not excessively overweight, 5-10 170. I'm tired of it all--wearing two shirts, avoiding the beach and swimming pool, and just feeling completely alone- without anyone to talk to about it. 
Please shed some advise- what i've got (Gynecomastia wise) and what i can do about it.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
From the picture you posted, you appear to have puffy nipples, and that can only be corrected by removing the glandular tissue underneath.  It's the only way.  Exercising, as you know, does nothing to enlarged glandular tissue.  Search for gynecomastia surgery on YouTube if you want to see how the procedure is done.  Usually, a combination of lipo and surgical excision is done.  You don't have much fat to lipo, but generally, some is done for contouring purposes after the glandular tissue is removed.

You need to look for a plastic surgeon (not just a general surgeon) who specializes in the correction of gynecomastia.  You need to choose a surgeon who has performed many, many gyne surgeries (the more, the better), and ask to see before and after pictures.  They should have plenty of them.  Visit more than one surgeon, if possible, and choose the one you have the most faith in.  Do not go with whatever surgeon happens to be the cheapest.  This is your body you are talking about, so the main thing is to get the best surgeon you can.  

In the meantime, there are special gynecomastia shirts that you can order to hide your chest and they work quite well.  They are much better than wearing double shirts, etc.

Good luck.

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Your chest is normal - no breasts in the photo. Nipples are a little bigger than average, but completely normal - like millions of others.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I wouldn't look twice at your chest, man. You're totally normal. Seriously.

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Impossible to tell really from the pic you posted.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would suggest you post a series of photos -- preferably taken by another person -- with good lighting, etc.

We would better be able to help you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I developed gynecomastia around puberty...I asked my doctor about it at the time and she seemed almost embarrassed by the topic. She told me with exercise it would go away naturally.  i've tried throughout my adolescence to workout--i still do pushups daily along with normal cardio--but its had no effect on my nipples, its just made my chest larger.  since puberty, there has been a noticeably hard mass under each nipple.  I am 20 years old and have accepted that surgery is probably my only option.  I'm not excessively overweight, 5-10 170. I'm tired of it all--wearing two shirts, avoiding the beach and swimming pool, and just feeling completely alone- without anyone to talk to about it. 
Please shed some advise- what i've got (Gynecomastia wise) and what i can do about it.

A single photo does not really tell the entire picture. Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia can reveal much more details about possible contour issues, especially the dynamic views that can show how the tissues change on animation. Gynecomastia is a contour problem. The normal Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia consists of fat, gland, and skin. Exercising can help with the fat component, but will not help with gland issues. As the fat reduces and muscles build such as in these Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia, they complain that what sits on top of the muscles just gets pushed out further.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024