Author Topic: 12 day post op-pics before and after and insurance question  (Read 2706 times)

Offline 15yrsl8r

• Posting Member
I had bilateral mastectomy with liposuction and a nipple graft on January 6. Before photos are from October 20 and after photos are 12 days post op January 16.  There are drastic changes today (day 15) but I have no photos. The incision lines are not as red as in the photo. My surgeon had scrapped and cleaned off some glue and ink from the surgery which slightly irritated the skin. The nipples are looking a little more clean as the top layer slowly peals off. I do worry that my left nipple may fail and have an appointment on Monday to discuss it with the doctor.

I am patient for the 6 month mark and not too concerned about other imperfections as I look down at my chest. But there is still some tightness in the skin at the incision lines. A small depression under the left nipple. The inner edge of the left nipple doesn't have as good of contact as the rest, which is my worry. I don't think it was as easily noticeable until the scabs fell off, so the doctor has not yet seen it. There is also some pursing at the end of the incision on the right side (can't be seen in the photos) but I know the skin will continue to tighten some. Perhaps a few other small contouring issues but will be patient for the 6 month mark. Overall I am very satisfied. Do not expect perfection. After reading posts in the "revision" section, I cannot imagine feeling the same misery that I have felt the last 15 years if my chest is not "perfect."

I struggled with gyno for 15+years (half my life) and am pretty happy post-op. The choice of surgery was easy, paying for it was not. To my surprise after my last consultation my medical coverage paid for 80%! Was a major surprise to my doctor and his staff as well. How many people have had this success?

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/dimmpass/

Offline kingboob

Looks like a big improvement.    I don't think many of the guys with milder gyne really understand what it is like living with full blown female size and shaped breasts.

I don't know about nipple grafting because I never had it done, but I had a similar long-incision surgery and I can say it does take a long time to settle down and show the final result.......... a year perhaps and maybe even longer for the scar to fade, but it is totally worth it in the end.

Ok so guys like us are probably never going to go strutting around shirtless in public, but IMO that doesn't matter much because just being able to wear normal clothes (not five layers all the time), or just being able to look in the mirror without feeling crap is a huge benefit.  Plus not having to feel so self-conscious or embarrassed during more intimate moments.

If you do notice  problems with the scar or some small indents or whatever then I am sure you could get a revision anyway..... but I would wait at least 1 year because it is a pretty big surgery and it does take a long time to settle down.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Congrats on the decision to have surgery, a big improvement!  How has the healing been going?  It will be good for future users to see how your scars heal over time so keep posting pics.  Are you using anything to help diminish the scars?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024