Author Topic: Do I have Gynecomastia?  (Read 5332 times)

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
I'm very insecure about this, I'm 5'11" and 165lbs, 20 years old. Its been like this for about 5 years.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Nope, you just have very very very slight puffy nipples. Seriously I would kill to have a chest like yours :/. You could have surgery to get them less puffy, but it really is not worth it, your body looks absolutely fine to me!

Offline pokeweed

• Posting Member
You look great!  I agree with BOML

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
So your saying you don't think I have Gynecomastia? I feel a lump underneath that is tender and hurts

Offline wolf420

• Posting Member
yeah ii agree i would die to have a chest like that

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
You may or may not have a very slight case of gyne, a little hard to tell.

Nothing serious at all though, definetly not worth 5000 dollars+ for the surgery.

I wish my chest was like that....

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
nope, I dont think your chest looks like a females.
No gyne.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
So your saying you don't think I have Gynecomastia? I feel a lump underneath that is tender and hurts

With this report and your pictures, then yes, you do meet the criteria for gynecomastia.  As everyone has said, it's very mild compared to most, and most men would probably not find it bothersome enough to warrant surgery.  But what others think doesn't matter.  Only you can determine how much it bothers you and if it is worth having surgery. 

If it is tender/painful, that is an indication that you have active gyne.  You may want to consider consulting a endocrinologist about the condition, as there are medicines available to get rid of the pain and possibly even improve/reverse the condition. 

Offline thetodd

Gyne is glandular tissue, everyone has a gland! I think the only reason why your nipples appear slightly puffy is because youve got an extremly low BF%. Youd be mad to let that bother you, and be crazy to waste money on surgery and risk scars!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
I bought this 'diet aid of questionable value' pill stuff online, i'm now hearing its all a scam? Should i still take it or forget about it?

Offline thetodd

Complete scam mate, very expensive caffine pills just have a look at the ingredients and the photoshopped before and after photo's

shame that every site on google relating to man boobs is a complete scam, theres no magic pill depending on your age and on your doctors advice you may be able to get an estrogen blocker but its only visible because your in such good shape to be honest!

DrBermant

I'm very insecure about this, I'm 5'11" and 165lbs, 20 years old. Its been like this for about 5 years.

You have subtle puffy nipple gynecomastia. I have answered similar questions explaining why in much greater detail with resources to check here in this forum here:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20518.msg139945;topicseen#msg139945

Contour issues are a personal thing. What bothers one individual may not be an issue for others. It is kind of like a woman asking others are her breast size good enough, should she make them bigger or smaller.  I have seen patients with severe gynecomastia large breast of about a D cup size that did not care that they had breasts. On the other hand, it does not take much to destroy the cut contour of a body builder. I work with many bodybuilders who are distressed about even more subtle forms of gynecomastia. Check out this thread:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=8774.msg140821;topicseen#msg140821

So, for some, even puffy nipples can be emotionally distressing.

If you are going to consider changing the contour, the surgery of this subtle form of gynecomastia is an art form. Make sure you look for actual examples before and after surgery for this variation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
What kind of doctor do I talk to about this? I haven't been to a doctor in years

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
And I have not fully completed puberty if that makes a difference? Maybe it will correct itself when i finish puberty?

Offline whiplash129292

• Posting Member
bump

taking letro now to see if that will help

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024