Author Topic: Someone Please Help Me!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
I was operated on January 10 of 2011 (almost 14 months ago) (had excision surgery) and my breast buds are the exact same as before.  After surgery they did seem to go down a bit but never did completely, so I believe I have a combination of scar tissue and breast tissue.  I know you are going to ask so I just want to say I would rather not post photos as I am a college student who lives with a bunch of other guys.  I am considering a revision but I almost don't even want to trust another surgeon as the last guy who cut into me claimed to being the best at what he does (though he mostly does woman's breasts) and I was even refereed to him by a family friend who is also a doctor.  I just don't know what to do.  I want to join the military but I just cannot do that having this issue, I feel disgusting, and hate this so much that it would actually dissuade me from following that dream.  I don't know how I could trust another doctor to cut into me and expect positive results when I already had the surgery and it was a failure.  On top of all of this whenever I see my surgeon and tell him I am unhappy with his job he just grabs the tip of my nipple and says there is very little left behind (however if you grab around the there is a whole entire chunk of mass.  I am not looking for perfection here, I just would like to be able to wear an undershirt or a beater and look normal like that.  I am so distraught about this because I feel like I have no where to turn, my parents paid for it the first time but only after sending me to multiple doctors and even a psychologist.  I will say that after my original surgery I was somewhat satisfied for about a month (especially thinking it was only going to get better and when it did not I became more depressed than ever).  Also I should add that even now 14 months later my breasts are still very sore but this may be because I am constantly playing with them just hoping one time I will reach up and they will be gone.  Sorry for the rambling and incoherence I am just desperate.   

Also my original surgery was $6000, is there anyway he should be obligated to return any of that money to me?  I mean anyone with a set of eyes can see that I still have gynecomastia.  And for the doctors on here I am wondering two things, typically how much does revision surgery run, is it the same price?  Also, not to call you gentlemen out or anything, I just have completely lost faith in my surgeon so I guess I'm taking it out on all doctors, I am just curious if the doctors on here are the best at what they do (as so many of these posts and patients claim they are) how is it that you have time to constantly be responding to us?

Sorry for the skepticism.

Someone help me, I'm desprate  :-\

Thanks to anyone who listens

DrBermant

I answered your question here in this post:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20516.msg150978#msg150978

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are two types of tissue in gynecomastia adipose ( fat ) and glandular (breast) tissue. In my experience individuals with a predominance of glandular tissue ,which is not corrected with liposuction alone, have problems when correction is attempted by surgeons without a lot of experience. Nothing to be ashamed about . Also if the tissue was and is still painful that would indicated the possibility of residual glandular tissue.
Jay Pensler,MD
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024