Author Topic: How bad is it?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline gmp

I feel a solid mass behind each nipple, about the size of a ping pong ball.  I measured myself, 36" under chest and 41" at largest point of chest. 

Some background:

Some of it is probably due to me currently being 30lbs overweight, but I've had man boobs for as long as I can remembe,r even when I was normal weight at the start of puberty.  Another consideration is that the women on my mom's side of the family are all pretty well endowed.

Here are some pictures:

So, do I have Gyne? 

Thanks!

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, gmp.

It appears that you have moderate to severe gynecomastia.  Surgery is the only way to correct the problem.  A combination of liposuction and excision of glandular tissue will be required.  I would encourage you to get the surgery when financially able.  You need to find a board certified plastic surgeon, preferably one who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.

Prior to having the surgery, however, it would be best to lose the weight you need to lose.  Until then, you might try compression shirts, to see if they make the condition easier to deal with.

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
yep... you got it... surgery is the only option...

gl...

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
Another consideration is that the women on my mom's side of the family are all pretty well endowed.

Yes, that is gynecomastia.  You do not pass the pencil test yet, but in a few years, your boobs will be heading south, and you will have the "inframammary fold" that many of us have.

My family is the same as yours, and I have a feeling that is a factor.  My mom and sisters are pretty large. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024