Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline hammy721

i dont know for sure whether or not it is

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
didn't plan on logging on, but w/no replies i felt like u should have 1 for at least 100 views...reminds me of when i made my own post.  you're obviously overweight, but i doubt that that's all fat on ur chest, too disproportionate.  it seems like you do have gyno, but with a lot of fat too.  maybe it's bad enough to qualify for insurance to step in if you have any. 

sorry man, but you gotta get proactive if you really want to do something about it.  little speech here, i was overweight and had some boobs too, so i got fit and in order to get rid of it cuz i thought it was just fat until i realised it wasn't fat and found out about gyno.  even though getting into shape didn't get rid of it, i'm much healthier now and being fit has a lot of benefits for everyday life; and since i'm considering surgery, having a low body fat percentage is a good thing (got the abs going on...which makes the gyno all the more frustrating.  clean up your diet and DO SOME CARDIO and lift weights.  look into HIIT cardio, but work your way up to it if you need to.  If you want i can give some other tips to point you in the right direction, but you also need to see what works for you.  be sure to not lose too much weight quickly cuz you'll be more likely to have loose skin afterwards--i think you'll have some regardless though, but it comes down to the individual with that stuff.  getting fit won't get rid of ur gyno (an enlarged gland behind the nipple), but it does help reduce it.  oh, and don't spend twice as much effort working out your chest than the rest of your body cuz it doesn't work that way....sucks but yeah. 

sorry if i rambled on and go from place to place, multi-tasking here.  hope i helped out a little.  the time to start doing something about it is now

Offline xunit

• Posting Member

i dont know for sure whether or not it is

Yes, it is.  Just looking at the size of your areola and the shape of your breast -- you have lots of glandular tissue.

You could have a nurse examine you.  They are pretty easygoing and can give you the scoop.

By the way, are you still in your teens or adult?

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
Definitely gynecomastia. I'm kind of going through the same thing but going to the gym will help a lot and it actually is getting smaller. I read from someones post here that you shouldnt focus on your moobs and just focus on your body. I highly agree. I mean you should do some lower pectoral workouts but working out with everything else will help. I believe running at the park is the key. With Gynecomastia, it makes it very frustrating and difficult for someone to go running at the park. So I would use a waist slimmer belt around them and it actually gives a lot of advantages. Then when you lose weight, try to consult with a doctor for surgery. Good luck

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is a poor photo and you appear to be sitting down, which tends to accentuate everything,  But you are very overweight and probably would not be a surgical candidate unless you lost a substantial amount of weight.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024