Author Topic: Onesided / Unilateral gyno, thinking about surgery, give me advices :)  (Read 3438 times)

Offline swedishonesided

• Posting Member
Hello from Sweden!

So, now it is my turn to post some pics here and ask you doctors here what u think.

Since i turned 12 or 13 i've lived with this, onesided little piece of tissue under my left nipple. I have a little under the right one but under the left i can really feel it, its a lot. And now i want to get it removed. This gyno is bringing my mood for training down and i can see that my whole body is affected by this.

So Dr Jacobs and all the other, what do u think? Since i am pretty thin, 72 kg, 175 cm the gyno is pretty noticeable, and you can see it even more when im freezing and the skin is tighten over the breast...

Left-sided gynecomastia
Born 2003 - Dead 2011

Left-sided gynecomastia corrected 29/11 - 2011

Offline Wod

• Posting Member
I think that if there not soar, leave them. There fine and to be honest if you built your chest slightly you would not notice them! My case is pretty light and your pics make mine seem terrible lol

Offline swedishonesided

• Posting Member

Offline swedishonesided

• Posting Member
Hi, took some new photos and now with a shaved breast so u can see what i mean more.

What do you doctors and guys think? Will i have surgery (i got the money) or is it just my mind that is f*cked?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You don't have a severe case, but in a couple of photos you can see a distinct difference between the 2 sides.  Unilateral gynecomastia is not common, but it does certainly occur.  Your right side looks fine and IMO needs no surgery.  The left side is not terrible, but if the asymmetry bothers you, the left side can be corrected.

I have pasted here a link to photos of a unilateral gyne case of mine.  Nothing at all was done to the right side; only the left was corrected.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Pope, MD

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17125.0
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline swedishonesided

• Posting Member
Thank you very much Dr for your answer. Other opinions?

And Dr . Pope you got a PM from me.

Thanx!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Certainly the differences in the two sides is unmistakable.  True unilateral gyne is rare, however.  More often, one side is much later than the other side -- and therefore attracts attention.  However, more often than not, there is a bit of extra tissue on the other side as well.  In the past, I might only do the one side and make it as perfect as possible, only to have the patient now complain about the other side.

Therefore, if you visit a surgeon, make sure he examines both sides.  If there is any gyne on the other (smaller) side, then I usually recommend that it be addressed as well.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline swedishonesided

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr E for your answer to my case.

On my "flat" right side i have just a little tissue, nothing noticeable at all, and i heard that every guy have a little tissue under each nipple(?).

I will let him examine both sides as you wrote just to hear his opinion about it.

I will give you Doctors in this forum a special thanks from Sweden, since this forum in fact is the only way for us to discuss our different cases. Im sure it means a lot for everyone in here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024