Author Topic: pre & post surgery (pretty severe gyno)  (Read 4152 times)

Offline akubra

After 20 years I decided to remove my boobs. They are pretty large and became even larger when I started working out a few years ago. During these years I just denied the problem and avoided looking at my body.

Before

One week after surgery (liposuction & excision). I know I should wait for some more months to see the final results, bur right now I'm not sure if I'm that happy. I hope for better results when the swellings are gone.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Looks like your typical swelling. I'm 9 weeks out and I still have some swelling on one side. Keep wearing your vest and you will be good to go. Also, it takes about 6 months for final results. Good luck..

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
Wow. Your before photo looks just like my case.  Do you before photos from a front view?  Also did you case seem to get progressively worse over the past 20 years?

Offline akubra

I know I'm a little impatient. I waited 20 years to get the surgery done and now I want results in just a week. It is getting better by the day though.

@fsugrad: sorry no other photo's - I wasn't that happy with my chest ;)
It became worse over the years. I'm 42 now - an age where you start losing muscles and gain a little more fat. The surgeon removed 800 ml of fat  and quite a bit of skin.

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
Were the glands removed by excision or was it all done through liposuction?

As to the skin excision where was that done at?  I am guessing the bottom edge of your pecs. I didn't know you had that done. I assumed those bandages was covering lipo holes.

Your after photos look amazing. I asked several surgeons if I would need skin excision and they all replied no. However, I am worried that they may be wrong given the similarity of our cases. I really fear loose sagging skin.

Offline akubra

My glands were not that big, but they were removed trough excision. The surgeon took about 2,5 cm (1 inch) of skin around my nipples and moved one nipple so that they are better aligned. To be honest: I was afraid that the skin would show wrinkles, but it is really flat.

At first she wanted to do the liposuction only to see what the results would be, but given my age (42), she was not sure if the skin would retract completely. I decided to go for the full operation (lipo & excision) because of that. Cost jumped from EUR 1600 (lipo with local anesthesia) to EUR 3500 (lipo & excision with full narcosis). I guess it depends on your age and I don't know how old you are. This was all done in a private hospital.

The swellings have gone away a little. When I hold my boobs, I feel my pecs and a little swelling and no glands or fat anymore  :D

I'll try to make some pics in the next days. Don't make the same mistake as I did. I tried to remove the hair on my chest with wax strips. After two boxes with strips only a part of the hair was gone and the bruises and red dots almost caused the operation to be postponed because of danger of infection. Besides, it is quite painful too, the operation is not.

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info.  I am 40 but I don't think my skin is very good. Where did you have your surgery done?

Offline akubra

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024