Author Topic: Need opinions before and after (not happy right now)  (Read 4173 times)

Offline as13

• Posting Member
I went through with gynecomastia surgery and post op seven days now. I know its early but im not happy with my surgery and still dont feel comfortable in a t-shirt. Can i expect them to go down in size more than they are now? If they dont would any recommend revision?

Offline as13

• Posting Member

Offline as13

• Posting Member

Offline as13

• Posting Member

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I would say that you should remember you are only 1 week after surgery, and are still swollen.  Everyone will swell up after surgery, and will likely remain that way for anywhere up to and over 6 months.  Hang tight, it's too early to judge yet.  Just keep your compression garment on as instructed, and wait out thr healing process.  I'm sure you will end up with the results you are looking for!  ;D
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline as13

• Posting Member
I actually was given a compression garment. I travel to NY to have it done. Had it done on tues the 13th, was wrap in ace bandages till my follow up on fri and havent had anything on since then.

Offline as13

• Posting Member
I also would like to know if anyone sees results. I might just be crazy but i feel it doesnt look much different then before, just now i have weird looking nips.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
So you haven't been wearing your compression vest since the first week?  Hmm, what did your PS say in his after surgery instructions?  I'm surprised he hasn't requested you wear the compression vest for at least a month after surgery.  Even if he hasn't, I would say you should do it anyways.  It can only help things along.  Your initial case didn't seem too severe, so the after photos don't show too much of a difference honestly.  But again, you are still bruised and swollen.  After all the healing subsides, it will be a definite improvement I'm sure.  Patience is the hardest part of the whole surgical procedure I'm told.  It's all a waiting game for the final results, so in the meantime, I would put that compression garment back on, sit on the couch with a beer and relax with a good movie!

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
you look swollen...especially around the nipple area.  I would wait it out. you're still in the swelling stage. wear that vest!

Offline as13

• Posting Member
My ps never gave me a vest though, he said it was needed.. so any suggestion on what i should do? lol i have tight under armor should i wear that?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
The under armour is better than nothing right now.  I'd put that on at least.  I can't understand why your PS didn't give you a compression vest....that is standard issue stuff as far as I've ever known.  I'd maybe call there to ask about it ,or where they would recommend you get one.  Every surgeon I've ever heard of makes the patient wear that vest for weeks after surgery.  It must be a vital element to proper healing.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I had to order two vests. one for the first two weeks and one for 2 weeks thereafter.  I think you'd be fine with one though.  You can order them through this company called design veronique--google them.  If you can, order the zippered gynecomastia vest and get express shipping. They ship them promptly.  I would even call to really express your immediate need for it.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
I am very interested in hearing from the OP on what he thinks of the results now, bearing in mind the good advice given about wearing a compression vest, the fact that swelling is a classic outcome of any surgery and taking into account time lapse since your surgery.

Please let us know how things are for you now.

Cheers!

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
You're chest looks muscular in the aft photos, so i think it looks pretty good. :) Your pecs look like pecs and not breasts and it looks like you have a pretty athletic build, so it looks right.

Although it looked like you only had slight gyne in the before pics, so maybe that's why there isn't that big of a jump in appearance. Either way, I think it looks good.

Remember, guys who don't work out or play sports usually have a flat chest with no definition to their pectoral muscles so if you're using that as a guide to what your chest should look like it won't be accurate.

Keep us updated though. I haven't gone through the surgery yet, having just found this site, but I'm doing research now. ;)

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
i would not be happy with those results, but like everyone has said it is only a week after and results should get better, did you get gland excision or lipo?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024