Author Topic: DO i have gynecomastia? 2 doctors have said no  (Read 5595 times)

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
I have always thought i have gyno and am not comfortable with how my chest looks. I usually have puffy nipples and nipples do get painful at times.  I have spoken to 2 doctors and both have said i do not have gyno and should try working out(which i already did). Developed at age of 17 and looks worse with higher bodyfat % as you can see. I have now stopped wearing white shirts as it is visible with them on. If i do have gyno i will be getting surgery asap.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:11:51 AM by riot1234 »

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I don't think you have it. Your chest looks pretty muscular. I'd like to have your chest.  :)

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
Thanks for your comment, those 2 bottom pics above are kinda stupid because they are after gym so muscles are a bit pumped with nipples pinched most likely, i was trying to compare when it looks to good to when it looks bad. Here are some pics taken with higher bodyfat% close up.

Offline rdculus

• Posting Member
In the top ones, it's not visible.  In the bottom pictures, I'm not sure I would say it's gyne -- but I see what you're talking about. 

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply mate, i am hoping for more comments, i might have to keep putting up pics until people comment

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Hi mate,
I'm into bodybuilding myself.

The fact is that you are not happy with the way your chest is looking right now.

in my humble opinion, you have a great looking chest... however, i can understand your concern with the puppyness around the nipple area.

have you done any steroid cycles? if so, how long ago?

can you feel any hard tissue around the nipple area?

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
Thanks for you comment mate!

I am into bodybuilding but have never took it seriously. I was too lazy and did not follow a strict enough diet. Coming into the end of 2011 i was training and eating correctly and had some good results. I have bigger plans to get serious with my training this year but feel there is no point as my body will be ruined by my chest.

I have not taken steroids but was considering it. I thought if i built up enough muscle it could hide my puffy nipples or at least make it less noticeable. I decided that would be a bad idea.
Only thing I have used was letrozole which i thought would get rid of my gyno by stopping my body's  production of estrogen. I didn't see much of difference in my chest but i did cop some bad sides from it. My libido has still not recovered 100%.

I have had this issue for 3 years, occasionally my nips are sensitive and painful. I am confused on how hard the tissue is supposed to feel. Some people have described it as a rock behind the nipple. Mine feels like I have a rubbery ball behind the nipple which feels quite large and is painful to squeeze. It is around the size of a grape or bigger. It causes my chest to feel soft even when the rest of my body is hard.

People may think my issue may not be as bad as many others on here and I look like I have a normal body. This issue affects me alot as my group of mates all work out. Working out is a hobby of ours. I live in Geelong and go to the beach alot and i just dont feel comfortable walking around with my singlet off. I would easily pay 3000-4000 to feel 100% comfortable shirtless. I am not searching for perfection, just to be like the rest of our crowd.

thanks

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It looks like a very minor case, with a small amount of breast tissue beneath each nipple/areola.  Cases of gyne like this in very lean individuals can usually be corrected with tissue excision only, and since the tissue is limited to the areolar area, local anesthesia may suffice. It could be a reasonably easy fix for you.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
thanks doc!, yeah too bad no matter how big or small the issue, the cost of surgery doesn't change much

Offline zm

• Silver Member
If you are from the UK, i know the NHS will take a look if your chest is painful when you squeeze.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
i'd agree with the doc, you do look to have a very minor case, but a case nonetheless. if it bothers you, why not get it done?  it's a pain in the ass to have to always keep a low bodyfat just so the gyne doesn't show.  what about when you get older and loosen up a bit?  better to get it now while you're young and lean, rather than later in life. 

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I don't agree that you need to keep a low-body fat to "hide" gyne. In fact, in most cases it's quite the opposite. Also you don't necessarily get loose when you get older, it's not like your chest is going to droop to the floor. Just giving you another side of the coin here, though I agree with Dr. Pope it's a mild case. I can relate to a mild case myself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024