Author Topic: already had gyno surgery, nipples still puffy  (Read 2668 times)

Offline heywhatsupyeah

I had surgery a few years ago to get rid of my gyno, most of the gland is out but i can still feel a little bit. When I raise my arms they become a little sunken and when they're lowered they still protrude. Very very frustrating. I went back to my surgeon(who gets very good reviews and is trusted) and he said if they took any more out they would get way too sunken. What do you guys think I should do? I have some excess fat but quite a lot of muscle underneath, perhaps leaning up a bit would help or would that make it more obvious? Here are some photos

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
They don't look puffy to me...at all.

As far as the indenting when raising your arms; I have the same thing. I am quite a bit leaner than you, and I can tell you that the leaner you get, the better that problem will get. The reason they indent is because there is no fat underneath the nipple but there is all around it, so when you raise you arms, the fat holds the edges of the nipple while the center sinks in towards your chest wall. The less fat, the less distance the nipple has to go to reach the chest wall, so the indent is not as noticeable. So my advice would be too lose some weight!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What you have concerned about is due to exactly what snugglebandit described.

It you look good with your arms down (which is where they are most of the time), then leave well enough alone.  However, if your are bothered by a depression of the nipple when you raise your arms, then corrective surgery with fat flaps might be of help. 

Best to consult your original surgeon about this.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024