Author Topic: Surgery Feb 8th 2012 - pictures  (Read 10717 times)

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
23 years old, had glandular tissue develop behind my nipples around the age of 13.

I finally got surgery with a plastic surgeon and I would like to share my story and results. (Let's hope the turn out well)

I just had the excision with the glands removed. I did not have any fat so I did not require any liposuction. The surgeon made a small incision below my nipples and I believe they are circular.

Before surgery:

The surgery itself cost $4,700.

I am 54 hours out right now and haven't had any significant pain. A bit of tenderness and discomfort but otherwise good.

Here is a photo of the compression garment they gave me. Under Armor compression shirt underneath. This is hardly noticeable underneath a t-shirt.

The surgery last about 75 minutes I think. I just had local anesthesia and it wasn't painful. The needles for freezing hurt a little bit but not bad.

The surgeon showed me one of the glands that he removed. It was probably the size of a beer bottle cap and he said it was as hard as cement. The glands looked quite similar to this (sorry if you have a week stomach, it made me feel sick too:

Here are some of the instructions I was given:
-don't shower for 2 days
-don't lift arms above head for about 3 weeks
-wear garment + compression shirt for 3 weeks
-wear compression shirt for 2 months total
-remove tape after 1 week

I also bought some special silicone liquid from the surgeon's office which is to hep heal/reduce scarring.

Please comment, give advice, similar stores, etc. Thanks!

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Some post-op photos with tape:

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Congrats. Looks good so far. Who was your doc? Keep us updated!

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response

Dr. Perron in Calgary, Canada.
He's a plastic surgeon and says he has done hundreds of these surgeries over the last 10+ years. I was very happy with the whole experience at his office.

I will keep you updated. I plan on adding some more pics next Thursday when I can take the tapes off.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
looks great so far jb! congrats on getting it done, hope the coming weeks show you some good progress. just be sure to keep up with the compression garment use. a good brand i found that delivered to calgary pretty quick was 'cg2 compression tank', fyi.

yours didnt look too bad before, but we all know how troublesome it is to deal with it. you'll be nice and flat just in time for summer!

keep us posted

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Thank you, siphon. I appreciate the response.

I've been wearing an under armor shirt with compression garment on top. I'll wear the garment for 3 weeks and shirt for 2 months.

Yea it wasn't terrible but I was really self conscious about it.

Here's a pic from today. No pain, no real swelling, just some bruising. 100 hours post surgery.

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
6 days post-surgery:

-I haven't really had any swelling
-Yellowish bruising is healing well
-I've had no pain

My only concern now is how my nipples are going to look when I take the tapes off in 2 days Hopefully they are small and flat!

Offline davidson

• Posting Member
Goodluck brother.

All the best on your recovery.

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Goodluck man, keep us updated on your recovery  ;D

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot guys.

I just noticed last night that there are little cuts right underneath the tips of my nipples. Not sure how that happened, maybe just cuz the skin is dry and taped down. Hopefully that heals up okay tho.

I will post some pics Thursday when the tapes are off!

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
1 week post-surgery, I took the tapes off today and here's how it looks:

Pretty happy with the results right now!!

The stitches seemed completely dissolved, the incisions aren't even that noticeable, the nipples look smaller and flat.

I still have some pain and tenderness, especially cuz some of the skin came off with the tapes but otherwise all is good!

I hope to have some more pics in the next couple weeks and I  hope the healing process goes well!

Please leave some comments! Thanks

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
where did you have surgery? what dr?

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Dr. Perron in Calgary

Offline jb123

• Posting Member

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Looks good man. Big inprovement.