Author Topic: First time poster, is this gyno?  (Read 1728 times)

Offline itspkallday

So some little background info. I used to weigh about 250 pounds then I dropped down to 170 pounds gradually. I still noticed my chest being really big and still had large nipples. After weight lifting for awhile, I managed to gain some muscle and now I'm currently at 210 pounds. This issue with my chest has been bothering me for the longest time now. I am looking for input on this matter. Thanks again in advance!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Straight talk:  You have gynecomastia.  Your prior overweight condition, now improved, stretched out your skin (even though you are young).  And the breast tissue that you had is now concentrated and drooping a bit.

No amount of diet or muscle building will improve your appearance.  If you want a trim, taut chest, you will require surgery to remove the remaining excess  tissue and to elevate the nipples to a more appropriate position.  It may require some removal of skin as well -- but that would require a physical exam by a surgeon.

Do your homework and research surgeons carefully.  Go to several and choose the one who has demonstrated interest and experience in gyne surgery and with whom you are most comfortable and confident.  Do not let the fee be the deciding factor -- if you have a great result from your operation, it will be there for many years to come -- and long after the fee is forgotten.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline itspkallday

Thank you so much Dr. for your reply!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have got to appreciate these Doctors, He covered it so well that he left me only two things to say.

1) Congratulations on your weight loss.

2) Welcome to the site, you are among friends here.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024