Author Topic: Had surgery yesterday  (Read 4682 times)

Offline bro

• Posting Member
  • Thank God for this board
I had surgery yesterday morning (Dr. Flory, Dublin Ohio). Felt great the rest of the day. I am sore today.

He gave me a vest with pressure pads on the chest to wear. Am not allowed to take it off until later today, to take a shower. Then, have to wear it constantly (except when I shower) for a week. After that, I am supposed to wear the vest during the day for another 2 weeks. Here are some before-pics. I will post the after-pics later today, when I get to peek myself.

First time trying to post pictures. Hope they show up ok.
I have had gyne since I was 12. I am 35 now. Had lots of trouble because of gyne (can't take shirt off in public, always have to wear undershirt, etc. etc.). I am 6'3", 200lbs in case you need a frame of reference.

More later.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
Blatino, I have seen your page, and I agree mine is not the same as yours. But what I have is gyne nevertheless. And I had all the mental baggage that came with it too. Anyway, I took off my vest for the first time, and got to look at my chest (1st day post-op). Here are the pics:

Dr. Flory called me last night, and asked how I was doing. I thought it was a good gesture. I said I was not sore at all, but I spoke too soon. Am sore as hell today. Needed my wife's (bless her heart) assistance to take the vest off, and to put it back on.

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

Lookin' good my brotha, seems you have a bit of recovery time on your hands eh. How do you feel these days? put on any better fitting shirts lately? heh, test it out.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
Happy about the results, especially considering there is swelling that needs to go down. Feeling pretty sore, can't move arms above head without pain.

Recovery is going to be a bitch, but that is just something I need to get through like everybody else. Fitted shirts will have to wait until I can do without this straightjacket I am wearing. I am just happy I don't need an undershirt stretched tight all the time, anymore.

My wife was freaked out when we took off the vest today, she felt like she was looking at somebody else's chest. She didnt have a problem with my gyne to begin with, and she said she will have to get used to the new chest.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
gland and lipo

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
That looks awesome man!  Congrats!  Your case looks pretty similar to mine, so it's nice to see what I may look like once I get this gyne out of the way.

Offline wbrooks

• Posting Member
Congrats dude!  You also look similar to me.  I'm going Monday for a consultation with Dr. Silverman in Boston.  Nice to see progress...

btw, I'm 38 so I know what's it's like to live through your adult life with an embarrassing condition such as this.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
Thanks guys.

2nd day post-op, morning: Dont have the same degree of soreness as yesterday. Yesterday was a bit of an ordeal to get thru: 2 vicodins and 2 ibuprofens. Hopefully today will be free from painkillers.

I recommend Dr. Flory to anybody in the central Ohio: He and his staff were very helpful, he explained the procedure very well, spent a lot of time with me during the first consultation, and set up a follow-up visit 5 days after surgery.

Has been very good experience with them so far.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
Day 9:

I am wearing the vest, but take it off for extended periods at a time. Probably not the smartest thing to do. Areas on the chest are still numb/tingly. Still lot of swelling, looks like. Bruises are gone.
Anyways, here are the pics 9 days Post-op:

Offline wbrooks

• Posting Member
Excellent results! Congratulations.  Looks like it was well worth it.

Offline bro

• Posting Member
Yes, it is a long scar. It is not an excision, more like a burn mark. The doc told me it was from the heat of the ultrasound tool. Skin was not opened up there. Excision was made under the nipples.  I also have a not-so-small spot of skin gone below my nipple on the left.

I think the tool went awry during the surgery and caused both. It is going to leave a mark.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 02:27:03 AM by bro »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024