Author Topic: help with my gynecom  (Read 2219 times)

Offline mfu1

So i've been a bit reluctant to post anything here, not sure as to why, but not finding a reason to be aversed to it- i figured i should give it a go. I'd really like to know the general price range for surgery on a person with my level of this condition. I've had these "moobs" since i was eight, so i quickly grew out of wearing a single t-shirt.. Or any activity that would in any way, "set the spotlight," on my torso. My posture was seriously affected, not to mention how detrimental this was to my self-esteem. I became the socially awkward kid at my gradeschool, with shitty posture. Luckily the "bitchtit" comments didn't come about, until middleschool. & Luckily i've always had a really supportive mother who has taken the time to take me to several physicians.. but most of the time the doctor would tell me, "you'll grow out of it soon." Which was a statement that was exponentially frustrating. How in the world did they know how my body or my "moobs," would develope over time? Anywho, here i am in college & they've yet to go away. I'm really ashamed of them, i doubt that i'll be having any sexual relationships anytime soon. Also,  please anyone who's quallified, inform me on the price range? Whatever the "level"of my condition is? Oh & also i was wondering if the vein on the underside of my areola is going to make it difficult to follow through with the glandular extaction? Or is it easy to work around? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:00:23 AM by mfu1 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Prices vary a great deal. If price is your main concern you might be headed for trouble. What might seem like a bargain could be bad news. The major concern should be finding a qualified Cosmetic surgeon with a specific interest in gynecomastia.

If you have reasonably good credit, you may be able to finance the surgery..
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
most of the time the doctor would tell me, "you'll grow out of it soon."

This is a quote that too many guys on this forum have heard.  The fact is that if a teen has had the condition for 2-3 years, and it hasn't changed in size, then most likely it will not spontaneously disappear by the magical age of 18 or 21. 

Unfortunately, many pediatricians are unaware that surgery can be safely performed on teens with stable gyne -- without the worry of recurrence.

As for the presence of a vein under/near the areola -- no problem at all.

As for fees, they will vary across the country.  Do not -- I repeat, do not -- make your choice of surgeon based upon the fee.  There are too many more important factors to consider.  A poor choice of surgeon can result in disappointing results which may need additional surgery (ie revision) at additional cost -- and sometimes the results cannot be improved.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline pDiddy2

• Posting Member
Brother, trust me, you are definitely not alone. Your condition is very common and you're doing the right thing by investigating ways to remedy this. There is absolutely no shame in getting cosmetic surgery to fix this. In fact, I found having the surgery done to be extremely empowering!

I had a friend in college who had a worse case than u did and he was dating a very attractive girl. I had a mild case of gyno (puffy nipples) and I had plenty of sexual relationships. It's all about confidence.

Try losing some weight first. I recommend a strict workout routine paired with a healthy diet. Do that for at least 6 months. If no improvement, get the surgery! I did and it greatly improved my life. Have it done by a good surgeon over winter break. I had mine done by Dr. Baxt and didn't even have to miss a day of work. The procedure was financed via Lending Tree and CareCredit. I hear nothing but great things about Dr. jacabs as well. They have a more recent technique that works great.

Best of luck! And remember, THIS WILL GET BETTER!! It's actually easier than u think. Sitting around, staring in the mirror is a waste of your like (trust me I know  ;)) Be pro-active and smart. Call many surgeons who specialize in this, look at b4 and after photos and ask a lot of questions.

Offline TomR1934

• Posting Member
At college you might link up with any LGBT group and give it a try. Yours are very nice actually. You might make some nice straight friends.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024