Author Topic: Is this Gyno or is it just fat? (pics)  (Read 2853 times)

Offline minack

Hey, I am 19 and I have been thinking I could possibly have Gyno, It's hard to tell though as I am quite overweight. And yes I am quite hairy, bad genes for that :(

I am going to take this summer to begin a exercise and dieting routine, I would just like someones opinion on whether or not I could have gyno.

*The front view picture, they are generally pretty symmetrical, just doesn't appear that way because one arm is reaching out so I could take the photo. With arms at both sides, the nipples are symmetrical.  

*Sideview

Whether or not it's actually Gyno, my plan is to get fit with lots of weights and cardio, and then address the problem.

Offline InAmberClad

• Posting Member
It's hard to tell from the photos. If you pinch your breasts and you can feel a lumpy material then that's glad. I find it easier to feel the glad when I'm lying down as my chest goes much flatter. For me it feels like most of the breast tissue is around the areola area. I would say even if you can feel some glad tissue it may not mean it's gynecomastia as all men have some degree of breast tissue. It would be best to check with your Doctor to make sure.   

Offline minack

When I pinch them, I can feel something. I wouldn't say it feels "lumpy" though, kinda like more rounded. I'm not really sure. As I could just be doing it wrong and feeling something else behind there. I may just try and lose as much weight as I can and see what remains, if they don't go down then I'll consult a doctor.

Offline InAmberClad

• Posting Member
That's what I did. I lost just over 60 pounds and still had the problem so consulted a surgeon. That was about a month ago and was the first time someone had said it was gyne. It was kind of a relief as I could stop blaming myself and get it fixed. 

Offline pDiddy2

• Posting Member
Great idea about losing weight first. I'd also recommend a full- body weight training routine. It dent have to be super hard-core either. Sometimes a little extra muscle really helps.

From your pictures, it does look like u have a mild case of gyno. It looks like it's caused by mostly adipose (fatty tissue).

Give yourself 6 to 9 months of diet, healthy eating, and exercise. If you don't see improvement that you can live w/ consider consulting a surgeon. A case like yours would be better suited for a procedure like the ones Dr. Baxt or Dr. Jacobs perform. I had  my surgery done by Dr. baxt about 5.5 months go. I am currently very happy w/ the results. Check out my User diary post for more info. I hear Dr. Jacobs is excellent as well.

Best of luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gyno or Fat? I could scream every time I see that question.

As the term is now used, any surplus of tissue on the male chest is called Gynecomastia. It makes no difference if the tissue is mammary gland, Fat, or sagging skin. The same term works for all of them. The treatment is the same in all cases too. Surgery!

The usual case is that there is both glandular tissue and fat but in variable amounts. Even the surgeon will not be sure how much of each until he is done.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024