Author Topic: What do you think??  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Been browsing for a while so thought I'd make a post. So the story goes:
Nips became tender at age of 13, found lumps and thought I had cancer for a good few years (technically I know what its like to live with cancer! haha, sorry not funny) Breast tissue continued to grow, same as everyone on this forum - I hate hot  days, especially windy hot days, select all my clothing with the intention of hiding my moobs and avoid swimming, sunbathing and the like. I started lifting a few months ago which has pushed the glands further out, or so it would seem.
I'm now 22, 5 ft 10 and 12 stone 11.

How does my chest look? I'm open to the concept of body dismorphic disorder however I have had a consultation at a BMI hospital and the surgeon told me I did have some degree of breast tissue there, worse on the right side. He only wanted to carry out lipo, claiming he would suck fat from behind the gland to create a flat contour. I got the impression he was not comfortable with excision. Really nice guy but don't know if i believe him.

At the moment I'm considering going to transform to have surgery. Any feedback on that?

The photos are not altogether representative. My nipples are even puffier in warm conditions(cold room).

hammer

I really don't see a problem!

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
Thanks, thats encouraging to hear.

Offline xelnaga13

Your chest does not look feminine at all. I would consider losing some body fat and then evaluating your surgery options. The rule is gland+lipo= best results. Lipo only is a good way to get a repeat customer coming back for another surgery after 6 months.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Especially from the side view - if you lost a few % body fat, I think you'd have a great looking chest. Essentially for you, the less fat - the better your chest will look. Continuing Working out would only make it look better IMO.

It's also preference. Some guys have nipples that are on the underside of their pecs, your seem to be on it - and so more pronounced when wearing shirts I expect. I don't think I'd have surgery if I had your chest.

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the responses. My plan was to lose as much fat as possible to see how I look then. So am I a case of surgery would only make things worse? I wouldn't want to pay for surgery to realise I looked better naturally!

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
one other thing, the BMI surgeon said that due to the fact that I have some breast tissue, the surrounding fat will not likely decrease to any great degree as the gland stimulates the storage of fat in the chest region. He said if I were to have the fat Lipo'd away that it would give me the contour I was after. Once I've cut my body fat down( currently losing 2 or 3 pounds a week for the past month)  I will see if he is right. If he is I think Lipo only might work for me after all. On the plus side there is very little risk of deformation, hemetoma or craters with Lipo only.

The pictures don't highlight the volume of my chest in comparison to seeing it in the flesh to be honest.

Offline xelnaga13

one other thing, the BMI surgeon said that due to the fact that I have some breast tissue, the surrounding fat will not likely decrease to any great degree as the gland stimulates the storage of fat in the chest region. He said if I were to have the fat Lipo'd away that it would give me the contour I was after. Once I've cut my body fat down( currently losing 2 or 3 pounds a week for the past month)  I will see if he is right. If he is I think Lipo only might work for me after all. On the plus side there is very little risk of deformation, hemetoma or craters with Lipo only.

The pictures don't highlight the volume of my chest in comparison to seeing it in the flesh to be honest.

Your surgeon was half correct. The estrogen related gyne fat will not respond to weight loss like regular fat. However, the gland does not stimulate its storage/creation; you greater endocrine system is the culprit.

There is a theory that estrogen related fat deposits actually contain more aromatase enzyme that "regular" fat. Consequently these deposits can assist in further production of estrogen.

Your idea to lose weight and then evaluate is a smart one. Also understand that we are our worst critics, specially with items such as gyne. What you see in the mirror may not be what anyone else does. Good luck!

Offline labean

To be honest, I don't even think you have a small case of gyno. Your nipples aren't really puffy, they don't stick out and the areola isn't that big.

I think your solution would be to lose some body fat.

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
Looking at the pictures I've posted I would have to agree with you. I'll maybe post another picture taken in a warm room to demonstrate the puffiness. I've had my body fat % very low before and it actually looked worse/ more prominent nipples. Still losing fat at the moment and hitting the gym, I've never done both before so I'll wait and see how I look after a few months.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
That sounds like  good plan. I know mine looked much worse the lower my body fat is. I actually look much better with about a good 10 extra pounds of fat on my body (they aren't so pointy then)- so I know what you mean. Keep keep us updated...

Offline Turbotits

• Posting Member
A little update. I had surgery last Saturday. The surgeon said he would perform lipo first and excision if he felt it necessary. Anyway, spent the whole week preparing to be disappointed as he only performed lipo. Took my bandage off. . . what a difference. So happy with the result. My nipples seem to have shrunk? and are constantly in the "cold looking" state! I hope this stays like this and they don't return to their puffy state. Anyway, thought I'd post some pictures for anyone curious or in a similar situation to me.

Second last picture is a before pic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024