Author Topic: Is this gyno?  (Read 5393 times)

Offline airman22

Hey guys i'm 18 and have hated my chest for years, and now that I have the funds (havn't told family yet) I am going to venture off on my own and figure out the whole plan for my surgery (hopefully) assuming everything goes to plan.  I'm fairly athletic and my chest looks alright from the front after I lift weights but normally they are puffy and just hangs there at an awkward angle and I hate it.  Please give me any advice or suggestions.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:27:34 AM by airman22 »

Offline xelnaga13

If you were able to stack away 5-8k at the age of 18, you're obviously motivated. You're in great shape, your results should be exceptional.

Offline airman22

Thank you! I can't wait to make the first step and go to a consultation, I think once everything is layed out in front of me I can then move onto telling the family and getting the surgery! summer 2013 might have a chance stil! :D

hammer

It wouldn't hurt to tell at least one person so you could have some assistance during your recovery time.

Bob

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
I know what you mean about it looking ok after you've been lifting weights. Then once the 'pump' goes away it doesn't look good anymore.

Can tell you do a good job of working out your chest. Should look really nice afterwards.

You won't need too much work done either, like me, so if you get it done soon enough you should be able to enjoy the summer with no shirt :)

Offline xelnaga13

I second Hammer's suggestion to communicate your situation to your loved ones. Im 27 and kept my parents in the dark, until my insurance carrier sent my final approval to my parents house rather than my apt. My parents thought I had a tumor or was pursuing a sex change operation.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
To answer your question:  Yes, you do have a small amount of gyne with puffy nipples as well.  You are young and slender and would be an excellent candidate for surgery.

One word of advice:  each type of gyne (small, medium, large) has its own unique challenges for a surgeon -- there are no easy cases.  Make sure you do your homework and research carefully and find a surgeon who has demonstrated interest and expertise in this operation.

Best of luck -- you should turn out spectacularly well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline airman22

Thank you so much doctor! Those words just put alot of weight off my shoulders!  First consultation scheduled for this Friday!  Let the journey begin!

Offline xelnaga13

Thank you so much doctor! Those words just put alot of weight off my shoulders!  First consultation scheduled for this Friday!  Let the journey begin!

Due to your age I would suggest getting blood work with an endo prior to surgery. Making sure your hormones are in balance will lower your risk of another case of gyne post surgery.

Offline airman22

Xelnaga,

Is that something I should bring up in my consultation tmrw or is that standard proceedure? thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024