Author Topic: Gynecomastia or extra fat?  (Read 8750 times)

Offline Sixen

Hey I joined the forums to see if anyone has any opinions about it. I'm 17 years old, and I lift almost every single day. Over the past couple years of weighlifting, I've gotten a lot bigger, and have put on some extra fat (as you can see in the pics). For almost my whole life, my chest has looked like this. I'm not too bothered by it, but I just want to know whether or not its a case of gyne or excess fat. Do you think you guys could help me out?

Sorry it's the only picture I have at the moment !

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
It's not fat. But it's also not that bad either. Honestly - I wouldn't have had any surgery if mine had been that mild.

But just letting you know it's not just fat since you asked...

Offline Sixen

How would it look if I lost some bf?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ironically, the breast are is one of the first places where we put on fat and one of the last places where we are likely to lose it. Add to that the fact that targeted weight loss is a myth perpetuated by purveyors of weight loss products. Targeted weight loss simply does not work as they claim.

Would weight loss reduce the breast size? Perhaps yes and perhaps no; I'd bet on no.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You seem to be in good shape with just a slight amount of excess tissue just below the nipples.  In circumstances similar to yours, continuing to work out will provide definition to your muscles -- but at the same time, it may make that little bit of extra tissue appear even more prominent.

You will ultimately come to a point where you either decide to live with it or have surgery (hopefully with an experienced gyne surgeon) to remove it.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Sixen

You seem to be in good shape with just a slight amount of excess tissue just below the nipples.  In circumstances similar to yours, continuing to work out will provide definition to your muscles -- but at the same time, it may make that little bit of extra tissue appear even more prominent.

You will ultimately come to a point where you either decide to live with it or have surgery (hopefully with an experienced gyne surgeon) to remove it.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Thank you! Yeah I would never get surgery, I'm confident enough with my body, I just wanted to know whether or not it was gyne or not.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024