Author Topic: Should My Chest Look Concave After Surgery?  (Read 4855 times)

Offline PacMan2006

Hey Guys,

I'm 21 now and got the gyne surgery in 2000.  I have always been a lot more satisified than before because my gyne was just SO bad before.  My chest was just horribly big.

However, I had the surgery five years ago, and I've always been thinking about this.  My chest (pecs) look as if someone took a sledge hammer and hit both my left and right pec very hard.  Therefore, they look sort of sunken in, ya know?  Couple that with the fact that I have excess skin since the fat was removed.  So now, for example, my nipples and the skin around it is sort of like...folded in on itself.  

Now, let's say I wake up in the morning, I strech out like arms high to the sky and stick out my chest and yawn (like you would every morning, just strectching yourself out after waking up)...now, when I do this, because the skin is getting stretched, you can see how the nipples should ideally look (as in, being able to see the full round shape of the nipple, not just part of it folded in on itself inside of a concave pectorial).

I really don't know if I'm desribing this well or not.  But I just wanted to know is this normal for people after surgery (and understand, it's always been like this ever since I got out of surgery...it's not like it looked great and then the past year something happened).  But have you known anyone else on this board or elsewhere who this has happened to?

Thanks guys.  I just found out about this board!

DrBermant

Hey Guys,

I'm 21 now and got the gyne surgery in 2000.  I have always been a lot more satisified than before because my gyne was just SO bad before.  My chest was just horribly big.

However, I had the surgery five years ago, and I've always been thinking about this.  My chest (pecs) look as if someone took a sledge hammer and hit both my left and right pec very hard.  Therefore, they look sort of sunken in, ya know?  Couple that with the fact that I have excess skin since the fat was removed.  So now, for example, my nipples and the skin around it is sort of like...folded in on itself.  

Now, let's say I wake up in the morning, I strech out like arms high to the sky and stick out my chest and yawn (like you would every morning, just strectching yourself out after waking up)...now, when I do this, because the skin is getting stretched, you can see how the nipples should ideally look (as in, being able to see the full round shape of the nipple, not just part of it folded in on itself inside of a concave pectorial).

I really don't know if I'm desribing this well or not.  But I just wanted to know is this normal for people after surgery (and understand, it's always been like this ever since I got out of surgery...it's not like it looked great and then the past year something happened).  But have you known anyone else on this board or elsewhere who this has happened to?

Thanks guys.  I just found out about this board!

Pictures often tell much more than words about contour issues. (Movies are even better but are difficult to make for the web).  Deformities are possible after surgery, it depends on the problem to be treated, technique(s), skill of your surgeon, how you healed, aftercare, scar care, and other factors.

Sometimes Secondary Surgery can help.  However, some concave defects are so bad, that revision surgery may not be an option.  Here is another such defect.  Check out the movies on each of these last links.  They really show massive crater defects and adhesion problems from other doctors' operations.  Your concerns are better explored during an evaluation and examination.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline PacMan2006

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if a second surgery is the only option?  Would working out and pumping some muscle into that area fill it out?  Would losing quite a bit of weight help?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Sounds like they may have taken out too much, or that the amount taken out to get rid of your gyne was so much that it left a lot of skin left over and now it has nothing to countour around.

In any event, 5 yrs should be enough for it to normalize. Whatever your condition is now is what it will likely remain unless you try something else.

Post some pics so we can get an idea of how bad it is.

Are you able to go on with life with this imperfection? You don't have big girlie breasts anymore, so a little indentation should be no big deal.

DrBermant

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if a second surgery is the only option?  Would working out and pumping some muscle into that area fill it out?  Would losing quite a bit of weight help?

Options depend on the original problem, surgical technique(s), skill of your surgeon, how you healed, and other factors.  Such issues are best discussed with your surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024