Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Nicky

• Posting Member
I've been self conscious about my chest for a really long time now. Just wondering if you guys think it's gyno. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Offline rdculus

• Posting Member
To me, the shape seems normal enough. But, your chest does seem somewhat large relative to your shoulders/arms. I'd suggest working out your shoulders and arms more and focusing on incline bench. For your situation, surgery seems like too much unless it's really bothering you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have mild gyne......it is up to you whether to live with it or not.  If you are concerned, then it may be worthwhile to consult with a gyne surgery expert in your area -- simply for an opinion.  At least then you will have all the facts and be able to make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
absolutely normal chest. No breasts just pecs. The term gynecomastia (woman-like breasts) cannot be applied to your chest in any possible interpretation.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The term gynecomastia can be used to describe any amount of excess tissue on a male chest -- it doesn't have to be woman-like to be considered gynecomastia.  Even puffy nipples on a skinny male can be considered gynecomastia.  So let's not battle over terminology.

What is important is how much it bothers the individual patient.  Some guys can live with some extra tissue on their chest and others cannot.  It becomes an individual decision.

Dr Jaoobs

Offline davefontaine

These clearly aren't just pecs. You can't grab a pectoral muscle like in that second pic.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
That is my thinking precisely.

Dr Jacobs

Offline rdculus

• Posting Member
For me, working out my shoulders and arms and my upper chest (incline press) seemed to cover up my issue the best. Frankly, the larger your other muscles are, the more proportional your large chest will seem. Yes, a normal bench press may make your chest a bit larger -- so do the incline and military press (carefully), upright rows, and kettle bells.

Offline instantk

• Posting Member
Even guys with little to no gyno can grasp there pecs like that... You cant get rid of that via surgrey or your chest wont look like...dr. can you comment on that? Do you remove alot of that were you have nothing to pinch?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The proper test is to flex and tighten the pec on one side -- then see how much tissue can be pinched with your other hand.  The pinch should ideally be consistent (depending on your weight) from the collarbone down to the lower rib cage.

Dr Jacobs

Offline instantk

• Posting Member
Thanx doc. nice explanation

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
completely normal looking male chest - let's not be ridiculous here. You don't even have a hint of "woman-like breasts" - the definition of gynecomastia

Offline hellothurr

The proper test is to flex and tighten the pec on one side -- then see how much tissue can be pinched with your other hand.  The pinch should ideally be consistent (depending on your weight) from the collarbone down to the lower rib cage.

Dr Jacobs

Can you expound on this a little? I have a similar look to the poster. If you flex and can't grab much tissue is it more likely or less likely gynecomastia?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The idea here is that a flexed and tightened muscle cannot be grabbed and pulled away from the body.  Thus, if the muscle is tightened, anything that you can grab is "excess" tissue, which theoretically can be removed.

The ideal male chest will have a thin and uniform pinch of skin and fat from the collarbone all the way down to the lower ribs.  If this is what you have, then you should be cut and trim.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024