Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia ?  (Read 4258 times)

Offline theking7

• Posting Member
Hey guys I don't know if I have gyno or just fat, both my thumbs can meet when I do the nipple test thing, also no pain,no itchiness or whatsoever. My chest looks good when My nipples are hard due to cold or when training.

This is a picture where my nipples are hard and some good lightning

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:42:35 PM by theking7 »

hammer

Does it matter? The term gynecomastia means, male breast enlargement! 

Offline theking7

• Posting Member
Does it matter? The term gynecomastia means, male breast enlargement!

Yea it does matter to me, I want to know if I need surgery or it will disappear if I just keep losing fat.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have puffy nipples, which indicates some breast tissue under the nipples which pushes them out.  No amount of weight loss or fat reduction will help.  It would require surgery to remove the tissues so that the nipples remain flat and flush with the surrounding skin at all times.
Yes, the nipples do look good when they are cold or physically stimulated.  If you like that look, then the only alternative to surgery is to walk around with an ice cube and rub it on your nipples 24/7.  
Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The point of all this is that there is not a single answer that is correct for everyone.  But there is a best answer for you.  Whether that is to accept it, embrace it, or get surgery to reduce it;  you will have the support and understanding of us here. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Your chest is normal.

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
I would call it a tendency to gyne

Offline bataaman

So did u do the surgery ?
I think I too have the same issue ?
under cold conditions I look perfect 

Offline ducky

• Posting Member
anabolics or excessive protein shakes?

Offline theking7

• Posting Member
Just consulted a reputabke plastic surgeon in my area, he said that I definitely don't have any gland and that it was all fat, and that I only need liposuction. I was really annoyed but the fact that my nipples were fully erect the whole consultation since he had an air conditioner on in his office, which made my nipples and chest lookk  perfect , what should I do now I'm really confused.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What should you do?  Get another opinion!!!

Understand, many times one cannot "feel" the difference between fat and breast tissue.  Fat can feel firm in some patients and gland can feel soft.

Bottom line:  puffy nipples are always due to presence of gland under the areola -- not fat. And liposuction, in general, does not remove gland -- only fat.  My guess is that if you proceeded with surgery, you would end up with puffy nipples and be dissatisfied.

Be smart and seek another opinion, preferably with a gyne expert in your area -- or be prepared to travel to see one.  It is always better to get it done right the first time, rather than to have surgery, be disappointed and need additional (revision) surgery at additional cost.

Dr Jacobs

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I think you should definitely get the surgery. A body like that should be able to wear fitted and tight shirts without the nipples sticking out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024