Author Topic: Second revision/ third surgery questions....  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Jacobs1234

Hello,

I have had an original gynecomastia surgery and then a bilateral donut mastopexy to reduce loose skin. I was surprised that I had less visible scars then after my first surgery, but have recently experienced tissue regrowth on my left chest. Also I was under the impression for my second surgery that I would have more tissue removed because I have disc shaped tissue under my right chest and a hard mass on my left chest ( that has recently surfaced and is semi-painful). Would anyone with experience with second revisions recommend going to the same surgeon for another revision? . I'm kind of upset that the disc like tissue wasn't removed from my right chest during the second surgery. I really don't care about visible scars as I have almost no comfort wearing clothing and social anxiety from this...has anyone fixed a similar situation? Thanks any help/advice is greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:07:43 AM by Jacobs1234 »

Offline Jacobs1234

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yours sounds like a complicated case.  Certainly, it wouldn't hurt to return to your original surgeon to discuss your situation and see if anything more can be done.

It would also be a really good idea to get a second opinion from another surgeon, preferably a gyne expert in your area.  Oftentimes this can shed more light on your case because it is simply another set of eyes looking at you.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Jacobs1234

Thanks for the advice Dr. Jacobs! I went back to my original surgeon to ask about the extra skin being removed but he did not recommend it because he said it would leave to much scarring. I am not particularly concerned about scars because those are at least explainable and my ultimate goal would to be just comfortable in clothes. I am thinking of waiting a period of time for further healing or going to another surgeon to see if there are any options to get the tissue removed because it is sometimes painful. Would it be recommended to get an X-ray or MRI of my chest to see what this tissue is and could my chest muscle be damaged from the surgery? Also I was wondering if doctors who specialize in FTM chest revision are a possible option as they see many of these cases? Thanks again!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024