Author Topic: Gym or surgery?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline titty-boy

Hi! I have been on finasteride for 6 month due to my hairloss and decided to stop recently when I started to notice the pimples on my chest. The nipples also went a bit puffy but it's the pimples and the (what I believe) enlargement of the chest area that bothers me. Is it possible to get rid of this at the gym or is surgery the only solution?

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
Your chest looks great!

Offline TigerPaws

Unless your breasts continue to grow you have nothing to be concerned about. Give yourself and your body some time to flush the Finasteride out of your system then see how you look and feel.

Question? Were you unaware of the side-effects? This drug effects the Sex Binding Hormone Globulin (SBHG) and is given to transsexuals (male to female) to reduce the effects of Testosterone.

Breast development is a well known side effect.

Time is on your side as the issue may resolve itself or become less of an issue with time, and by time I mean years.

Offline titty-boy

Ok, I better hit the gym and hope for the best then.
Yes I was aware of the erectal dysfunction possibilities but having hair is more important than sex to me. The risk of breast development is supposed to be rare ( from what I've heard) so I took the risk, but regret it now.

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
I've been on finasteride since 2012 without adverse side effects. I have had a gyne excision, but that was due to adolescent onset and obestity, which I've since lost.
I do now have a full head of hair, and a flat chest :)

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Agreed, give it time and you still look fine.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Before actual growth takes place, swelling occurs.  It appears that you caught this in that early phase.  It will take several months before you will know for sure.  
While there are obviously many men who take Finasteride without problem, There are also people like you.  This drug does have risks.   Leave it alone for a while, and see what happens.  
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024