Author Topic: Is this gynocomastia or am I crazy?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline strength002

Hi
I am considering having the surgery and would really appreciate some input. I think it looks uneven (more gyno towards my right side). 
People who I ask in real life say they dont see anything. I am thinking they just want to be nice haha.

Thanks for any opinions

hammer

It's all in the eyes of the beholder!  I see no problem either, but I need a 46H bra to support my breast! I have a host of health issues that caused my gyno, but if you have several thousand dollars for surgery, go for it, however be sure to find a good qualified surgeon, and you're at the right place to start!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:25:39 AM by hammer »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, welcome to the forum.  

And yes, you do have asymmetric gynecomastia (larger on the right side).  No amount of diet or exercise will get rid of it entirely -- only surgery will get rid of it successfully.

Best to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has demonstrated interest and expertise in gynecomastia surgery.  Look for lots of before and after photos on his website.  The time spent in finding the best expert possible will be well worthwhile.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

It is very much in the eye of the beholder.  I haven't had breasts as small as yours since 6th or 7th grade.  Let me ask you something.  Autopsy studies indicate 50% to 70% of men have mammary growth by the time of death.   So the question is this, what percentage of men do you see with gynecomastia that you notice?  Do you notice all those men walking around with breasts your size, give or take a couple of cup sizes?  Do you see gynecomastia on 50% of men around you?  0.01% to 0.02% of men get surgery each year so 99% or more still have all the breast they have ever grown.  If you don't notice the 50% + of men around you that have gynecomastia why would you expect to be noticed?.  Go to a busy beach that has thousands of men at all ages.  Take a good look. It's all around.  How many of those breasts jump out and poke you in the eyes, visually?

One guy here felt like he was the only non-fat guy with breasts and couldn't see it all around him.  I go out and would give him reports of what I saw going to the store, or on TV or whatever.  His was "but they are all fat".  And yet if you look there are plenty of guys of all weights with breasts.  He is using a special definition to put himself in a "unique" situation and then gets upset about being the only one.  I lost 30 pounds because of some other health problems in the past year.  My breasts are far more visible and look bigger now despite being half a cup smaller since they stand out 2 inches further compared to my stomach (with large hernia below gall bladder scar).  I wear t-shirts at times in hot weather that is soft and thin and relatively cool.  If anybody actually notices my breasts it is virtually always another man with gynecomastia.  Would you care one iota if you saw a guy with breasts like yours at a pool or beach or in a comfortable t-shirt on the street?  Before you get surgery I would suggest a visit to a nudist club and get rid of the basic body shame and accept yourself.  It's a lot more fun than surgery and one surgery could pay for 10 or more years of joining a club.  Change the eye of the beholder with a good dose of reality.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
I would say yes. But its not bat at all. To be honest I wouldn't even bat an eye at it at the beach.  Mine was terrible and I got surgery and look much better now. It all depends on if its negatively effecting your life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024