Author Topic: Gender of surgeon  (Read 2352 times)

Offline shiver

• Posting Member
i've recently become a member of this group because i had surgery in mid-oct and wanted to know what people of similar circumstances felt about the issue. in another thread i had mentioned something regarding gender of surgeon but now feel it should just be a seperate topic so that you guys can tell me what you think.

basically, i was wondering if it was important for you guys (mostly those who are getting or have had the procedure) what the gender of the ps is? for me, i felt really compelled to seek an experienced, qualified female surgeon. my thinking was that a female surgeon would know what would be aesthetically pleasing on a man. during the consultation i asked her several questions about how she goes about determining how much to remove, what look she's going for, etc. i was impressed by her answers and knew she was the surgeon for me.

has anybody else thought about this?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:54:17 AM by shiver »

Offline Favre

• Posting Member
My PS is a male.  I did not really care, I just wanted a PS with lots of experience.  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:19:37 PM by Favre »
Surgery: Nov 4th 2005 by Dr. Silverman (Boston, MA)
http://www.ricksilverman.com/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are looking for artistic talent,  technical competence, and experience.  None of these are gender specific.
Grandpa Dan

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Personally I'd feel more comfortable with a male surgeon (and doctors in general, I had a physical by a female doc was a bit awkward).

Just a preference though.  I could see myself getting operated on by a female surgeon.

Offline shiver

• Posting Member
i had lipo as well and they went below my bellybutton. before surgery, i had to get cleaned up down there which meant dropping all my clothes in front of three women i didn't know - that's awkward  :P

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a strong bias against women in professions which were for many years traditionally male domains.

Oddly, women have the same bias.  My Mother was biased against technicians who were women.

My own observation is that talent is not gender specific; and that women who dare to enter professions which were traditionally male domains often excell.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024