Author Topic: About time  (Read 10499 times)

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
  • Operation Oct 27, 2003. Second one Oct 26, 2004

No doubt in my mind that I have Gyn. In fact, the first time that I seen the word was 38 years ago when I went in the Navy. It was a mild case, but never less I had it, and the Dr. put the word gynecomastia in my file. Was never really a big deal in the service as I hid it well.

I’m tired of hiding under cloths. Amazing how it can affect your life and self-esteem.
I’m now 57 and 280 lbs. Gained weight slowly over the years.

After finding this forum online last week I have been reading all the post. It sure has given me some information and encouragement. I made my first email contact with a local PS. I found out that he has an office operating room. Consultation fee is $100.00 and will be applied to the cost of surgery when I have it done.

After reading some of the former post I see that it isn’t cheap. One way that I look at it is that I spent more that that for an auto. After 7 years it is time for another car.

I want this gyn to go away, and it won’t go away by itself. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks, it sure does help just telling someone about this.
Dan

+++++

11 months Post Op
Never thought that I would be looking like this after my lipo operation. My advice to every one that has massive gyn to go ahead and have the gland removed too.

My second operation is 26 OCT 2004
Subcutaneour Mastectomy Bilateral
Removal of the majority of my breast tissue but preserving the skin and nipples of my breasts.
$2250. Surgeon's Fees
  1100. Operation Room (In office)
    800. Anesthesia
    800. Supplies
  4950. Total
I did geat a little discount of $250. for this second operation.
Sure hope that is the last of it.

Will keep you updated.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:23:41 PM by DanMaine »

Offline Superstar

• Gold Member
  • Woo-Hoo!  I'm FREE!!!!
Welcome to the forum!  
Amazing how this condition can have such a profound effect on our lives.  Great to hear you've taken the first step by contacting a PS - it's a difficult step to take.  I just had surgery a week ago after 19 years of mental pain and embarassment.  I feel great now!  It's like my life has been given back to me!  I can't wait to start doing all the things I've avoided due to my appearance over the years.  A whole new world has opened up for me.  Again, welcome, and thanks for posting your pics - it takes a lot of courage to face this problem.  You're not alone...hang in there.

Good luck on your journey!   :D

-Tap ;)
Woo-Hoo! - Bilateral excision and lipo on 9/23 by Dr. Bermant!!!

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change."

Offline turbo6

• Gold Member
  • They look better on girls anyway
I had my surgery done in NH, the doc said he did a procedure on a 60 yr old guy once, because he was just tired of not being able to be comfortable and so self conscious all the time. The moral of that is, better late than never I suppose. Good luck.
[shadow=white,left,300];D Surgery Done On: 7.31.03...Revision surgery soon ;D[/shadow]

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
Thanks Superstar and turbo 6 for your reply.
Just a little update = Another step forward. I called the Dr.s office, and made my consultation appointment for Oct 9 at 9 am. I was a little nervous on the phone, but she made me feel at ease.  :)

Dan

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
27th Oct. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
4 more hours until the operation.
I'll keep you posted with picture if any one is interested.

Dan

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
GOOD LUCK ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i finally feel like im a man

Offline allovernow

• Bronze Member
  • i feel like a new man
Hope it went went well for you man..your new life should be started by now.
gyne free since 03

Offline pottkev

• Posting Member
Great that you're doing something about it.  There is no such thing as "never too late".  I would be interested in seeing the results.  By now, you will have had the op.  I'm having mine on 21st November - very excited and nervous at the same time.  You might find that you will need to shed some pounds now that your chest will have deflated somewhat.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  Kevin

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
I just updated my information in my first post.
I'm going to have a second operation in OCT 2004

Offline tornado

• Silver Member
Hey DanMaine.   Good luck..  It will work out for you.

Hang in there..

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
Thanks - Should have had the gland removed the first operation.

Really looking forward to having it removed. The Dr. said that I would have scars. I told him that I can live with that.

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member

About 4 months post op.

About 10 months post op.

The Dr. told me that the scars would show. I told him that was OK, and that not many people were going to see them anyway.

Skin removal and nipple relocation only sounds bad. Nothing to it. Every thing went well. Notice the mole above my right nipple - It was 3 inches above. Now it is about an inch below and more to the side. Lots of skin was removed, but all went well.

They are still sensitive too. Glad that I didn't loose that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 10:18:55 AM by DanMaine »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Dan, did you go to a general surgeon? You don't seem to be bothered by the scars, and it sounds like he told you about the scars before hand. At least you knew what to expect.

Offline DanMaine

• Posting Member
I probably wont take my shirt off in public any way, so the scars aren’t a problem with me. They will fade over time any way.

Went to a Plastic Surgeon in Portland ME.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looking good there Dan! ;)

Major reconstruction eh... You are Gyne free now Dude!  Congrats!

How are you feeling?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024