Author Topic: Gettin' Rid Of My Gyne Soon  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
I've had gyne since I was about 12. It used to bother me greatly, I wouldnt even take off my shirt in front of close friends. Football changed that, I was forced to shower after practice and such which helped me face it a little bit more. I'm more confortable with it now, but it still causes problems. My posture is screwed up cuz I've been slouching for years to try and hide it. And yeah, it still affects my social life (I wear hoodies every day to hide it, and everyone knows that...). I've been involved with sports since I was 4 years old. Football, Basketball, and Baseball have kept me busy, but I still manage to be overweight and fatty.

Anyways, I just went to a local PS today, and he said I qualify for the surgery. I should be having the tissue removed and lypo done on my breasts in about 4 weeks.

In that time, I'd like to lose some fat on my stomach, which you'll see in the following pics. I'd also like to build up my pecs, because from what I've heard, it would push my nipple further down, hiding any scar that may appear after surgery.

Just recently, I quit all my sports (A great disappointment to my dad), because they werent helping my problem. The workouts involved with them were focused on building muscle, not burning fat. High weight, low reps. Anyways, I've started jogging about 1 mile a day around my neighborhood, I try to go further every day. Unfortunately, I have shin splints and a messed up left hip, so it's very painful. I've also started using my weight set at home to customize my workouts. If y'all could, I'd like some advice on what I could do at home.

Here's the pics I took today:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/texan922/Side3.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/texan922/Side2.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/texan922/Side1.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/texan922/Nipple.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/texan922/Front1.jpg

I realize I'm fat, so no need to point that out to me. I'd like some constructive criticism.

I'm 16, A Sophmore, 6'0", 195 lbs., and like I said before, I'm active.

As I progress and try to lose weight/fat, I'll post new pics to keep y'all updated. I'll also do this after the surgery.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
Hey, have you gone to an endocrinologist?
It is crucial to see an endocrinologist before surgery to test and check your hormones to prevent gynecomastia from reoccurring, that is if you have an underlying hormonal problem.

Endocrinologists are key!
Good luck buddy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 04:38:03 AM by Vanatu »

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I run a bit myself. Have you done much running on concrete in the past? The reason I ask  with running you need to build up very gradual. Try walking/running for a mile and build up.

When I started I got problems with shins ankles/ due to building up too fast. I regularly run four miles now three times a week on concrete without any probs. Check your trainers for wear. It might be worth visiting a running shop for advice .

Regarding 'shin splints', has a doc diagnosed you with this? .There are other things that happen with shins, could just be your body not used to the pounding esp as you are overweight. If they  are giving you a lot of jip see a doc for a check. Can you cycle as well as run?, running every day if you are not used to it ,is a strain too. If you cannot do this due to hip , what about swimming?.

I also do some things at home as well as gym work. What I do though is body weight circuits, like pressups situps and pullups, burpees, dorsal raises leg raises etc. You won't bulk up with this and is great for burning fat.Try doing a circuit after your run /cycle ride ... .Do the circuits at least threetimes a week.

I second what vanatu says see an endo BEFORE surgery.  

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Hmm, I havent seen an Endo yet. Thanks for the help, I'll look into it.

And yeah Worrier, I run on a concrete street. Next time I jog I'll warm up like you said, should I walk maybe 1/4 mile and then run the rest of the mile? Once I get more used to it I should be able to run longer distances.
I havent been diagnosed for shin splints, but from what I've felt/heard about them, I'm fairly sure I have 'em.
I dont have a bike to ride at the moment, but I'm looking into a "StairMaster" thing. They burn fat and make you sweat pretty easily. Plus it's something that shouldnt irritate my hip or shins. I think a bike would work also, I just need to get one, heh.
Swimming I'm sure would help me a lot, the problem is it's pretty embarrassing to swim with a shirt on, or to take it off for that matter. Once I get the surgery, I think I'll swim at my neighborhood pool during the summer.

Thanks for the comments.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
That's what I've told myself, heh.
My problem is that I tend to immediately start outside my door and never slow down my pace until about 1 mile...

Should I walk some before I run or after I run? Or both?

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Yeah, I'm lifting weights also.
As for eating well...it's kind of hard to do that in high school. I cant eat in any of my classes, you know, to try and have 6 balanced meals a day. I've just started eating turkey sandwiches at lunch, for protein, along with an orange and maybe a granola bar. My breakfasts and dinners are really random, sometimes they're healthy, sometimes they're not.

I do have an MP3 Player, I'll try running with it on tonight.

Thanks for the advice.

Any more comments? Anyone?

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Updating this and other threads to knock "admin." threads to the second page.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024