Author Topic: Propecia and Gyno after surgery  (Read 2697 times)

Offline snap

• Posting Member
Has anybody taken propecia after having surgery for gyno?  I want to know if gyno comes back despite the surgery.

I've had gyno since puberty and recently started taking propecia.  One of the side effects of propecia is gyno but I really didn't notice any difference after taking it.  I'm not sure if I go for the surgery and continue taking propecia, the gyno will return.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
I would think your gyne would come back even though you had surgery if you were taking any medication(or have any hormonal condition) that has gyne as a side effect

Recognised side-effects, experienced by around 4% of users, include erectile dysfunction, and less often gynecomastia (breast gland enlargement). In trial studies, side effects ceased after dosage was discontinued.

Offline bladerunner

• Posting Member
I had surgery a month ago and I am still taking propecia.  My PS, GS, and HT doc all feel the chances of recurrence are slim to none.  We will see.  Right now I have some scar tissue that I am hoping is not gland.  I was completely, amazingly flat the first two weeks and then I started to develop mass underneath my nipples near the incision.  Time will tell.

Offline Sean

• Posting Member
  • Gyne Removed by Mr. Levick- 19/07/06
Snap,

I am in a similar situation to you in that I have had gyne since I was 11 and am taking avodart (similar to propecia).
The fact of the matter is, propecia is not causing your gyne. So if you get the op, then the gyne wont come back while taking the propecia because it is not the root cause. OTOH, if the propecia was aggrevating your pre-existing gyne, then after the op your gyne could come back.

Taking hairloss drugs(spirotolactone) aggrevated my gyne. On cessation of this drug, my gyne aggrevation subsided however, the pre-existing gyne that was there since I was 11 obviously remained.

Interestingly, my PS said that when he removes all gland that I could continue taking the strong hairloss drugs. Im not 100% sure how accurate this is but I know his results are pretty good!

Sean.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024