Author Topic: Nailed to the wall...  (Read 4996 times)

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,

Here are my post op pics, sorry i didnt take any pre - op ones. I had gland excision plus lipo.

I'm not too happy with the results though as it looks like my right aerola has been nailed to the pec wall after surgery! There's a little crease inwards along both the incision lines, but on the right side it's defo attached to the pec  :-/

http://tagworld.com/pokerlopher/Pictures.aspx

lopher
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 05:00:29 AM by lopher »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Man, I have been searching for a case like this.  I have the same issue, but only on my left side.  I am not nearly as lean as you, so my PS wanted to make sure my skin tightened.  He claimed that he sewed my nip to my chest muscle to assure that it healed properly.  I assumed that is why it creased like that and when the stitch desolved it would go away.  But I assume your PS would not have the same concern, so now I am worried.  I can't really tell from you pics, but the way you describe it sounds just like mine.  When you flex, does just the bottom of your nip retrract?  How far PO are you?

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
Man, I have been searching for a case like this.  I have the same issue, but only on my left side.  I am not nearly as lean as you, so my PS wanted to make sure my skin tightened.  He claimed that he sewed my nip to my chest muscle to assure that it healed properly.  I assumed that is why it creased like that and when the stitch desolved it would go away.  But I assume your PS would not have the same concern, so now I am worried.  I can't really tell from you pics, but the way you describe it sounds just like mine.  When you flex, does just the bottom of your nip retrract?  How far PO are you?

Why would he sew your nipple to your chest? That just sounds like a $200 operation in the back of Big Joe's cellar with his mate Johnny helping out on the vacuum cleaner lipo machine he built...

Are you sure he wasn't covering himself by trying to say it was intentional?

The reason I ask is because straight after surgery I asked my PS how it went, his reply was a bit of an uneasy ".......pause.........err..........yeah o.k.........so so". His response left me shatting myself! But then a little confused later because when he changed the bandages all I could see at the time was 'Oh My God!!! My chest looks so flat' (apart from any muscle contours) But the surgeon wasn't exactly singing his praises about the op, in fact if anything he was a little apologetic. (we don't do the whole lawsuit thing in China, so he didn't need to worry about that) It just made me confused b'cos like I say it looked great to me. Now i've realized the aerola is attached to the pec (by some scar tissue) I think he knew all along. I think they know when they've cokked up! Sounds like mine dodged the question, and maybe urs just had a quick line for it...

Oh i'm 5 weeks post op now. I only fairly recently noticed it when I did the 'jog test!' lol in front of the bathroom mirror (yeah we all do it, sad but true  ;)) anyway I saw the left moving a very slight natural little movement, then I saw the right and  :o no movement, solid as a rock. Looks fine in light walking movements, but any flexing and the whole nipple area kinda screws up a little, along the bottom by the incision acts like an anchor and it tries to fold in at that point.

I'm sorry if this dosen't make much sense, it's pretty hard to describe in words. I think it dosen't become too noticeable on me because my bodyfat is quite low. But one of my worries is it will look more pronounced if I put weight on as I get older as I wont put any fat on around the incision, but I will everywhere else... creating a bit of a weird inverted hole or something.

Have you got any pics of yours? If you've got a few pounds on me that would be interesting to see what a difference it makes,

lopher
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:44:48 AM by lopher »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I think you have great results, do you have any before pics? Regarding your problem, im sorry i cant see it, but should it concern you, then perhaps the surgeon could graft fat back into that area.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I don't have pics.  I never did take any before pics either.  I will see if the PS will give me his.  

About Big Joe's surgery.  It actually made sense to me at the time.  He was concerned that I was going to have saggy skin, so he said he used a disolvable stitch to promote the contraction of the skin. He says, that when to stitch desolves that skin have healed in a better place.  I just got off of the phone with then and I am going to see them.  I will let you know what happens.

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
I think you have great results, do you have any before pics? Regarding your problem, im sorry i cant see it, but should it concern you, then perhaps the surgeon could graft fat back into that area.

Yeah it's a great result..... if i want to stand like a statue whenever I take my top off for the rest of my life  :'( and never gain a pound of fat  :'(

As far as shagging goes I guess it'll have to be from behind, or her on top  :-/

I have some before pics but there stuck on a pic host website as i've forgotten the password, oops,

lopher
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:55:18 AM by lopher »

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
I don't have pics.  I never did take any before pics either.  I will see if the PS will give me his.  

About Big Joe's surgery.  It actually made sense to me at the time.  He was concerned that I was going to have saggy skin, so he said he used a disolvable stitch to promote the contraction of the skin. He says, that when to stitch desolves that skin have healed in a better place.  I just got off of the phone with then and I am going to see them.  I will let you know what happens.

It was more post op pics I was interested in if you have any. And I hear what your saying it just seems a bit strange to me. Very unusual, in fact in my 3 years of using this board (don't be fooled by the low posts on my name) I have never come across anyone saying their surgeon did this to them.

Also I just don't understand how attaching the nipple to the pec in one area would help the skin to contract... at least in a decent natural looking way. I would have thought a compression vest would be much better. Just seems odd to me. Also I read through your previous posts and don't take offence but your operation sounded a bit dodgy. The advice to need to take off your compression vest after one week... very strange. Sewing your nipple to the pec wall  ??? But yeah hopefully it will be temporary as it is just a dissolvable suture.

Sorry if I sound negative, it's just dosen't seem to all add up to me. If he did genuinely sew the nip to the pec wall then wouldn't he run the risk of the nipple and the pec grafting together like mine has? Or did he leave a gap between them... like a tampon hanging on a string?  ;D

lopher
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:14:29 AM by lopher »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
okay, I just got back from the PS.  He drained 20 cc's our of a seroma.  It makes everyhing look a lot better.  It is the same sidewhere I get the funny chest thing.  He said that he thinks it scared down in that area and if it still looks like that it two weeks he can do something to release it.  I am not sure what he will do. Something with a needle, that sounded painful.  Right now, he wants to let me skin retract as much as possible before he messes with anything.  

On another thread, I saw something Dr. Berman had, that showed a video of what I have.  I can't find the thread, so if anyone know what I am talking about, please point it out.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Lopher, I just read your post. I don't take offense to your comments.  If something sounds wierd and you guys tell me, it gives me more to ask questions about when I talk to my PS.  So, don't hold back.  As for the sewing, I asked him today about it and he said he did it to both sides with a lose thread. He thought they probably both have disolved by now.  Where it is sticking is actually just under the nipple.  It is almost as if their is a small hole or slice in the tissue that the skin healed into.  It is just more pronounced when I flex. I am still swollen, so I am hoping it looks worse now than it will when the swelling goes down.  

The compression thing made me question him too, but I did lose a lot of swelling right after he told me to take it off.  I hope this turns out right, I spent way too much money and got way too much greif from my wife to end up more deformed then I was before.  Right now, I am optomistic things will get better. When the swelling goes down a bit I will send you some pics.  PM me with your email address.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:30:16 AM by jones357 »

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
Woo Hoo  ;D

I'm in the clear! I went to see my PS today, he gave it all a good checking over. He said that what I had behind the right nipple was one dense lump of scar tissue. He said it was not attached to the pec, it just appeared to be, and that when I flexed it basically didn't have much fat around it to sink into so that's why the aerola all scrunched up  :D

So anyway, he gave me a couple of shots of cortisone on each side (more on the right side as the scar tissue was way bigger) and sent me on my way. He just said to come back in 3 weeks for follow up shots. He advised waiting 2 months post op normally before using the cortisone, but i'm leaving the country in 4 weeks so he agreed to do it now.

Oh and the cortisone shots did not hurt in the slightest. I'd heard they stung like crazy so I was gritting my teeth waiting for the pain to strike... but it never did  ;)

I've also come to the conclusion that my PS is a bid of an oddball. He started looking at the scar around the incision and he was getting all pissed off about it. I asked him what was wrong and he bit my head off with a sharp "I wanted it better" response. Then he told me to put on my T-shirt and leave. Personally I think the scar looks great, it was the pec attachment issue that i was worried about. Anyway one neurotic weirdo, we were having a friendly conversation up until then... but he did a good job and it cost me less than a good weekend on the piss back home in blighty, so I can't complain  :D

lopher

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:09:29 AM by lopher »

Offline orrible

what was the name of your surgeon?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:13:36 AM by stonecold »

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
what was the name of your surgeon?

I can't remember, some Chinese name, Wong Jin or something. When I was offered surgery with him I just took his details and passed them onto my Chinese g'friend and got her to do the research on him. Came back positive with an awesome reputation so I parted with my $300  ;D

lopher
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:17:42 AM by lopher »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Woo Hoo  ;D

I'm in the clear! I went to see my PS today, he gave it all a good checking over. He said that what I had behind the right nipple was one dense lump of scar tissue. He said it was not attached to the pec, it just appeared to be, and that when I flexed it basically didn't have much fat around it to sink into so that's why the aerola all scrunched up  :D

So anyway, he gave me a couple of shots of cortisone on each side (more on the right side as the scar tissue was way bigger) and sent me on my way. He just said to come back in 3 weeks for follow up shots. He advised waiting 2 months post op normally before using the cortisone, but i'm leaving the country in 4 weeks so he agreed to do it now.

Oh and the cortisone shots did not hurt in the slightest. I'd heard they stung like crazy so I was gritting my teeth waiting for the pain to strike... but it never did  ;)

I've also come to the conclusion that my PS is a bid of an oddball. He started looking at the scar around the incision and he was getting all pissed off about it. I asked him what was wrong and he bit my head off with a sharp "I wanted it better" response. Then he told me to put on my T-shirt and leave. Personally I think the scar looks great, it was the pec attachment issue that i was worried about. Anyway one neurotic weirdo, we were having a friendly conversation up until then... but he did a good job and it cost me less than a good weekend on the piss back home in blighty, so I can't complain  :D

lopher

Cool deal.  I saw you start a thread on the "healing" section.  I hope it stays gone.  I am going to ask my PS about that.

Offline orrible

if you are form the uk, how do u get an op on the chinese health system?

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
if you are form the uk, how do u get an op on the chinese health system?

Well after I had my initial gyne op back in England nearly 3 years ago now, it really changed my life. It wasn't a perfect op but it was decent enough that I started travelling and going to loads of beaches  ;) And basically just bummed around Asia. Then somehow I ended up settling here and got a job. Once you have a job here you have a government issued health insurance policy and get given a medical card. The annoying thing is I lived here for 2 years before I realised I could use it to finally get rid of the remaing gyne I had. Which had started to get more and more noticeable as I wasn't eating a fat arse western diet anymore,

lopher
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:00:13 AM by lopher »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024