Author Topic: newbie in need of answers  (Read 1773 times)

Offline tuscan440

• Posting Member
hey im 21 and from the UK and i have what is considered to be puffy nipples, ive never had much of an issue as ive had it since puberty but as ive got older and had the odd remark here and there i cant help feel bad about it.ive had girlfriends who havent cared about it and never had any malicous comments but i starting to seriously consider surgery.im not a vain person at all, i like the way i look but because a gynecomastia gives a breast like/feminine apearance it really is degrading. ive worked out for the last 3 years and have a toned body yet im always drawn to my nipple region. most people wouldnt notice but for me it would be a relief to have it done. i just need to know what variations of gynecomastia there is and how people go about arranging surgery.
living in the UK,having surgery is not cheap and i have my final year of a masters degree to finish so need the cash but the htought of a loan has crossed my mind. i am willing to post pictures if it helps.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
variations are all kinds, you don't have to be a d-cup to be degraded by it, sounds like it's enough of an issue for you.  you may have noticed there's a special uk sub-board also where people discuss different private-sector ps's as well as attempts to deal with it through nhs.  you can also either read through past threads or search the boards for keywords too if you reset default interval to more than 7 days, might be a help.    
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
.ive had girlfriends who havent cared about it and never had any malicous comments but i starting to seriously consider surgery.im not a vain person at all, i like the way i look but because a gynecomastia gives a breast like/feminine apearance it really is degrading. .

Same here. I'm married now, but growing up I had no shortage of girlfriends. Never would they comment about my chest.  It was far worse in my mind than in reality.

It sucks to think about all the experiences I could have had if I would have been strong enough to not let this crap defeat me.

As far as the loan goes, you have to weight your individual motivation to get rid of the gyne to your income or potential income after you finish your masters program.  

You've got to be able to pay it back. Gyne can be socially crippling, but not paying back your loans and having credit issues can be financially devastating for many years.

Don't mean to sound like your dad, but just be careful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024