Author Topic: Pre and Post Pics - 3 weeks out...Lipo only  (Read 4031 times)

After 15 years of living with gyne, I made the best decision of my life and had surgery. 3 weeks post op and I have to say I'm quite happy. My doctor prefers to stick with power assisted lipo and avoid excision when possible to minimize scaring.  However, during surgery he determines how much tough glandular can't be removed and makes the call if excission is needed.

On me he was able to remove enough from Lipo that he didn't have to excise. In fact, with the power assisted Lipo, he was able to still extract some of the softer glandular tissue and able to get some through the incisions for Lipo. The only problem with this is that I now am left with a relatively flat chest and some pockets of harder tissue. Being only 3 weeks out it's too early to determine if any follow up surgery would be required...I sure hope not. I'm quite happy with the current results...although not perfect.

Now, I know there will be comments about me being overweight. Yes, you are correct...I need to lose about 15-20 pounds. However, please know, that when I was 165 pounds and "skinny" the gyne was still a problem. And to all those who think they are medical doctors, gyne can be more than just the glandular tissue, it can also be fat deposits that can't be worked out. Anyway, I just say this because I see a lot of comments from people that right this off by saying, "oh, you just need to lose weight", because someone is overweight, or because their condition is not as bad as others. Like many others, I only put on weight after the frustration of having a trim upper body but man boobs. If I'm not going to take my shirt off in public or comfortable in a t-shirt, then who cares if I get a gut and love handles. This is what I fell into. I stopped working out and gave up for a while. I finally said enough is enough. Now that I've had surgery, I can't wait to get back to working out and my trim 165. However, after surgery I'm already so much more comfortable with myself.

Final Thoughts: I'm a very happy person, have lots of fun in life, succesful business man, great family and friends, and never had a problem with dating attractive women. My wife was beautiful. So why did I need to do this? Well, Gyne has just always bothered me...particulary in high school and college. I would have still been happy in life w/out doing this. I did this for me and no one else. I wanted to feel better about myself and more comfortable with my body. I was tired of not feeling like a real man. My friends and family don't love me any more or less now. This was the best decision I've made in my life...and way over due. You only live once. If you are unhappy with yourself...go for it. Take control.

Ok - Check out the pics

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
your results look pretty darn good to me st. lou. i can see a nice improvement. who was your surgeon for this procedure?

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member

Thanks.

Surgeon - Dr Christian Prada at St Louis Cosmetic Surgery

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
thanks for giving me your surgeons name. i had surgery (lipo only) about 3 1/2 weeks ago. so far my results are not that great. i will keep dr. prada in mind in case i have to have a revision surgery somewhere down the road.  ;)

Offline david_in_chicago

• Posting Member
I'm having surgery in 3 weeks (3 weeks from today!) I'm really excited, but also a bit nervous.  Your post and pics are encouraging.  I'm also having lipo on my flanks (love handles) while I'm at it.

I've hated and been embarrased by my chest for more than 1/2 my life.  I'm ready to be done with it and move on!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Excellent results, looks great.

Especially impressive considering it's lipo only.

From the looks of the first picture, they should have taken some off your flanks too.  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:17:01 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024