Author Topic: Swimming, please help.  (Read 8319 times)

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Alright, so as many others have had, I have a problem this summer.

Here it is:

Not only do I have protruding gyne, but I have a wierd freckle alignment on one shoulder, and no freckles on the other. So thats two things that would make me embarrassed for taking off my shirt.

My friends have planned a 5 day vacation at the beach in June. (by the way, im 15 with a medium build.)
Its all revolved around the beach. What can I do?

Some ideas I thought:

Buy one of those tight spandex surfer shirts.
Short cut T-shirt?

Please tell me what I should do. Telling me I should get the surgery will only discourage me

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Pintch your nipples 24 7 to keep em hard.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
If you got freckles I guessing you have fair skin like me. I had the same problem when I went to Crete for two weeks. Excuse: I really burn when the sun gets on my shoulders so I keep a T shirt on - take it off for swimming + pinching.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
          Wear a black or a dark color T-shirt into the water when swimming. If your freinds ask why you are wearing it make it clear to them that you have a birth mark that you rather not show(I'm taking it they don't know about ypur gyne) . Say the birth mark makes you feel a little uncomfortable to show it in front of people. It works like a charm for me. ;) Ohhhh, by the way don't forget to do what vaio say: pinch pinch pinch. Good luck, you be fine.

I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I've got an idea.  Play connect the dots with your freckles.  Make a game out of it, it'll be fun and sure to get many laughs from your friends.  If you don't like that idea, maybe go to the local tattoo shop and ask them if there's any temporary tattoos that will wash off in a week that look cool.  Or if you're feeling really adventurous, get a real one to cover up the freckles.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
The only way you can be sure of avoiding embarassment is to not go. Say you're sick or something and stay home.

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
better idea -say the doc found a mole thats a bit funny looking- wants you to keep it covered until he can get you in for a test

Offline Spleen

How about this: just go like a regular person and wait the 4 hours until the novelty of your chest wears off so you can live your life like a normal person?  

You are only 15, but now is the time to show some tenacity and self-confidence.  People will respect that, and if they don't F 'em.  If you ask me, being the only kid on the beach in a shirt, and constantly pinching your nipples on top of that, will only make you stand out more.  Playing this fear, hiding, lying, etc. game is a recipe for misery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Sure is tough facing your fears huh?

On the rare occasion that I went swimming, I wore a tight T-shirt. It seemed to do the trick.

Once when in my mid twenties, I went to the beach and took my shirt off. Everyone was starring at me and one person made a sarcastic remark... "That guy has big muscles huh?" and laughed out loud. I felt like crawling under a rock.  :'(

Just tell your friends the truth. You have some freckles on your shoulder and feel uncomfortable taking your shirt off. If they hassle you, tell'em to Flock-Off and mind their own business.

John.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 06:35:32 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Start taking Brazillian jiu-jitsu or vale-tudo and you will quickly gain respect to the point where people will hold their peace.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Start taking Brazillian jiu-jitsu or vale-tudo and you will quickly gain respect to the point where people will hold their peace.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Spleen

STILLgotIT, funny you should bring up jiu jitsu; I've been doing it since '98.  I tell ya what, forget what other people think, just doing it helps a lot with confidence.  It gets you in shape and your perceptions change a lot when you realize, even quietly and to yourself, that you could kick a lot of people's asses.  As a side-note, I've had my shirt off I don't know how many times after training and have never had anyone say anything about my nips ever.  And this goes for the guys who could kick my ass and the guys who's asses I could kick.  People show respect for each other.  

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
STILLgotIT, funny you should bring up jiu jitsu; I've been doing it since '98.  I tell ya what, forget what other people think, just doing it helps a lot with confidence.  It gets you in shape and your perceptions change a lot when you realize, even quietly and to yourself, that you could kick a lot of people's asses.  As a side-note, I've had my shirt off I don't know how many times after training and have never had anyone say anything about my nips ever.  And this goes for the guys who could kick my ass and the guys who's asses I could kick.  People show respect for each other.  

That's a rad story. I was watching The Ultimate Fighter 2 weeks ago and that punk Bobby Southworth was mocking [Senator] Sam's gyne. At least Sam wasn't phased about his chest.
I'm going to start training again at a local gym here where I live (a good cage-fighting gym that sends a lot of fighters to King of the Cage), but I'm currently recovering from a back injury (rear-ended at a stoplight).

To the OP... Sorry to hijack the thread.  ;)

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Yeah, this wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

What about those surfer spandex? opinions?

Offline iviike000

• Posting Member
I know where your coming from. I would say get a compression vest maybe...it wouldnt be as pordominate, would cover your sholders, and you would have it incase you ever have the surgery. I can imagine they would be fine in the water too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024