Author Topic: How do you know you need a revision?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline docfore4

• Posting Member
I am about 5 months out and things look pretty good. There's  still some fat behind the nipple but overall much better, but i guess it could be a bit better. plus one side seems to have a tiny bit more fat near the armpit. How do you know if you need a revision? i assume the doc is not going encourage revisions if there are just minor things, right? How did people deal with this situation.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I'm only speaking for myself here, but I didn't expect perfection.  If at 5 months all I see are minor imperfections, then I would not go through the hassle of another surgery to fix them... Not even if the surgery is free.   If there were a problem I considered major (like one side 25% larger than the other), but the surgeon considered it minor and refused a revision, then that would be a different matter.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I'm only speaking for myself here, but I didn't expect perfection.  If at 5 months all I see are minor imperfections, then I would not go through the hassle of another surgery to fix them... Not even if the surgery is free.   If there were a problem I considered major (like one side 25% larger than the other), but the surgeon considered it minor and refused a revision, then that would be a different matter.

There are a fewthings that I am not happy with, but as nip said, you have to weigh everything. I just had a revision yeterday and I was about 4 months PO. I had some serious gland left behind, and the PS was surprised as hell when he opened me up.  I think mine was so noticable, that it drew a lot of attention.  the other areas are not bad enough to go through a major surgery.  You really have to decide, and if you know someone who has been traking your progress, ask them  what they think.  Remember that every you get cut, you risk scar tissue and infection.that could make things worse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024